Sign in to follow this  
Guest RET_1935

Anyone else having issues with the parking brake sticking?

Guest RET_1935

I'm having problems with the parking brake getting stuck. I can either press the keyboard command or the button I have it mapped to on my X-52 and it will function, (either set or release depending on where it was initially)and then I can't get it to set or release again. The only way I can get it do do so is to go into FSX options and reset the control key or joystick assignment, which is getting old.I'm running Vista 64 and the FS2 Crew edition. I'm not fighting the FO it does it even whether I'm running FS2 or not.Oops almost forgot...Thank You,Robert E Thomason Jr.

Guest stevehow

Hi matetry touching the (if you have them ) the toe brakes,this releases the parking brake..think it's the full stop button on keyboard..works for me. cheers steve

Guest RET_1935

I Do have Toe Brakes, Brilliant, Thanks alot!

Help! I'm having the same problem. FSXsp2 & FSUIPC (Reg'd). Can't get the dang parking brakes to release after pushback. Been working this for the past hour, going no-where fast. There are at least three threads on this parking break issue so I think there is something unique and/or problematic in which PMDG needs to investigate. I have tried assigning a key-command shift+. to the FSX parking key assignment, and also use my more normal meathod of assinging a Saitek button directly within FSUIPC buttons assignments to parking brakes. I have unassigned and resasgned the toe-breaks in both "Direct To" and "Normal" modes axis assignments within FSUIPC and recalibrated the toe-breaks till I'm blue in the face. The only thing odd that I notice is that everytime I go back into FSUIPC, the Toe-breaks (output) is zero instead of -16383, but just tapping the toe-breaks with FSUIPC calibration, starts the axis output again but does not release the brakes, nor can I see "Brekes" or differential brakes when tapping the toe-brakes. I am fully aware of the reverse checkbox and tried that too. Never had a Parking brakes or brakes issue on any other add-on aircraft.Help, someone pull the dang chalks! LOL...(More) Oh, and my brake pressure gauge above the throttles is reading 3000PSI and all hydrolic lights are out on the Overhead.Restarted the sim & the md-11. As soon as the MD-11 is done initializing (green/white status bar) I have both brakes and differential toe-brakes. As soon as I pop my Saitek button for parking brakes that it, parking brakes are set and I can't seem to release them. From that point on, I don't get brakes or differential brake messages.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I also have problem releasing the parking brake using the mouse. Keyboard (".") works fine.

Matthew S

You CANNOT release the parking brakes with the mouse. Here is how this works, simulating the real aircraft operation of brakes:To set parking brakes, move the brakes lever down with the mouse (or use the CTRL+. keyboard command). In reality what you would do is step on the toe brakes to generate some brakes pressure then move the lever down to capture this pressure to be used for parking brakes, then release the toes brakes. To release parking brakes, in the real aircraft you step on the toes brakes and this relieves the captured pressure and kicks the parking brakes lever up. You cannot just pull the lever yourself up. It won't move. In the sim you just have to operate brakes. This is done either by pressing the brakes keyboard command (".") or stepping and releasing the toe brakes of your rudder pedals if you do have rudder pedals. The "." command should always work.It seems however that we have some user complaints about the rudder pedals brakes not always working for releasing parking brakes. We are investigating this to fix it for the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Michael,Very informative post and I, and I'm sure others, thank you. I'm now wondering if it is my long-standing FSUIPC button-action assigned to "Parking Brakes" that might be the cause. Maybe it sets the brakes but some unique PMDG coding is not finishing some action when applied. I will now attempt to instead assign the "." keystroke command (already assinged to parking brakes in the FSX controls) to the button action and see if that produces a different result. It definitly has something to do with the way in which I am applying parking brakes to begin with.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Can I ask is it when u land as I had the same trouble when i have landed it's very real pmdg when I have brake hard on land and not use more in the speed brake and ended up with hot brakes and when I got off the runway to go onto ground to get taxi to gate I have put the braking brake on and it has jammed on and won't release

Was that ment to be a funny remark not sure

Put it this way...the last time anyone posted in this thread was before you even joined back in 2009.

You really think someone is going to watch for this thread 6 years later?

My parking brake never worked on the 777 until SP1.  I tried everything and finally gave up.  I heard the click of it being release when I hit the toe brakes, and it indeed released, but the lever never moved.  Same when setting the brakes (the lever never moved). 

Now it does (after SP1) and I never changed a thing.  The lever did move in the LD767 and the 737NGX - I assumed it was a PMDG 77 thing (notice I did not say "bug")

Paul Gugliotta