Sign in to follow this  
Kimber

Two Repaint Questions

Hello all,I was browsing through the MD-11 repaints while waiting for the FS9 release and had two quick questions. First, it's certainly great to see a plentiful variety of free repaints (fictional and true-to-life), I was wondering if there would be a World Airways repaint in the new passenger colors? It looks like the new color scheme is available for the cargo freighter already.http://www.world-airways.com/Portals/11/images/138.jpgSecondly, it may just be me, but it appears on the Delta old widget repaint, the letters on the fuselage are "leaning" the wrong way (forward instead of backwards) on the left side of the aircraft...is there may be a fix for this? From the PMDG picture though, I can't speak for the other side of the paint.http://www.airclipper.com/MD11_Delta_N806D...i_ZRH130402.jpgThanks, looking forward to flying the -11 soon!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Guest Eric Tombaugh

Im curious about the answer to this too. The text is a minor issue, but for die-hard enthusiasts, it does stick out...Also, I agree that the passenger paint for World Air would make a nice addition to the PMDG Hanger :)It'd be nice to have some PMDG staff chime in on this when they get a chance...

Guest Debosonic

Since we are on the subject of repaints...the Olympic Airways livery is fictional, or not??

Good catch, Mo. Guess I would have needed the actual repaint to see that instead of just a tiny thumbnail. Thanks for pointing that out too.And thanks Pete for working on that!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi thereGuys, does anyone know who is able to repaint the MD11 aircraft? There are a few repaints I would love to see on the MD11 aircraft

KimberlyThe paint kit is not out yet as far as I know. What you are seeing in this thread are paints by Pete Sterling (Mac Paint) of PMDG. RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Don't hold me to it but the word on the street is that the paint kit should be released by this weekend. Boss fella is on a walkabout and as soon as he's able he'll make it available.