Sign in to follow this  
n_codrington

PMDG 747X doesn't work after MD-11 installation?

Hi guys.Firstly I'd like to congratulate PMDG on a job well done on the MD-11!I have a problem with the 747X after installing the MD-11. The MD-11 works fine, but the 747 loads up, but the panels don't light up in VC, nor does the 2D cockpit show the boxes where the PFD, ND and EICAS are supposed to be.The little rectangular toolbox where you can select the overhead panel, throttle quadrant etc, is unusable (i.e. when you click one of these, it highlights the whole box indicating that the object can be moved, rather that the selected system appearing).The PMDG options menu appears but is empty just like when a non-PMDG aircraft is selected.I do think the problem lies with the PMDGOptions.dll...I think it's been overwritten. Or would that matter? How can I get this sorted?Thanks

Guest alpha118

I had the same problem, and posted how i fixed it on here. Anyway, all i did was re-install the 747 patch and everything worked OK.RegardsClive

Thanks sir. I tried it, but it messed up the MD-11...but i fully uninstalled the 747, ran an MD-11 repair, then reinstalled 747. It works now! :-)

I had the same problem uninstalled the 747 ran the md11 repair and reinstalled the 747 started fsx selected the pmdg 747 than everything seems to be ok but after 60 seconds all screens of the 747 go black and end of the story the md11 is still ok.I tryed also to install the md11 first and than the 747 but this causes a md11 panel that is compleet gray.When only the 747 installed everything works perfect.Regards martin.

That's exactly what my problem is.Message to PMDG developers: Is it possible to to go into the Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDGdlls folder, rename the PMDGxxxxxxx.dll files to say, PMDGOptions1.dll etc, edit the dll.xml file to change the .dll files to match the edited .dlls mentioned above, (then i don't know if i'd have to find all the PMDG entries in the fsx.cfg file for it to get the "new" .dlls?). Then install the md-11 which will write the normal .dlls to PMDGdlls (not overwriting the originals because they're renamed), it will write to the dll.xml, and when fsx is restarted, hopefully it would work lol?as you can see i don't know much about fsx sdk etc.

It's not working again now because when one plane works, the other doesn't. For example, when I keep messing with the installation till they work, a few buttons on the 747 don't work - usually the EFIS. On the EFIS I can't rotate the altimeter knob, or the ND mode. My altimeter indicates -7,xxx ft. Yet the standby altimeter reads the correct.Planes, just work pleeeeease!! lol

Guest ACA861

I too have been having issues with my 744 since I installed the MD11.I still prefer flying the 744 to the MD11 simply because I find the Boeing to be a more familiar experience and I don't want to learn the nuances of the MD, so I'll just uninstall the MD11 for now, although I'd like to be able to keep them both.

>That's exactly what my problem is.>>Message to PMDG developers:>> Is it possible to to go into the Microsoft Flight>Simulator XPMDGdlls folder, rename the PMDGxxxxxxx.dll files>to say, PMDGOptions1.dll etc, edit the dll.xml file to change>the .dll files to match the edited .dlls mentioned above,>(then i don't know if i'd have to find all the PMDG entries in>the fsx.cfg file for it to get the "new" .dlls?). Then>install the md-11 which will write the normal .dlls to>PMDGdlls (not overwriting the originals because they're>renamed), it will write to the dll.xml, and when fsx is>restarted, hopefully it would work lol?>>as you can see i don't know much about fsx sdk etc.That's not how this works - there are one set of dlls - the MD-11's DLL's support the 400X as well and overwrite the ones that come with the 400X. Installing a 400X patch or the plane itself should not overwrite the MD-11's dlls as they're newer version numbers.We're looking into this issue, there's something odd here though because only a handful of people are seeing it. It'd be everyone if there was a general issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'd be careful with assumptions like that though, becuase some of us, myself included, have not had time to fire up the old-queen since the installation the MD-11. ATT, I am unsure where I stand on the issue. Perhaps there are others as well.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Here's a screenshot with some of the problems pointed out as I think it may help you guys figure out what's up with the planes:http://ncodrington.10gbfreehost.com/pmdg_problem.jpg...also, not mentioned in the picture, is...1. The PMDG Options>Load Panel State will list all my saved panel states after I install the 747 update, but if i get into the MD-11, it won't list those states, and vice versa.2. On the ground, the 747 indicates between -7000 (yes, negative!) and -8,000ft on the PFD (barometric pressure: 22.15 inHg/QNH 750), yet the standby altimeter indicated the obviously correct pressure 29.92 inHg/QNH 1013 HPA).Hope this screenshot save you some time in debugging.

Exactly the same problem encountered as on the pic in the previous post. Clean FSX install without any other addon just 747X with latest update then MD-11. MD-11 works flawlessly.Matyas Majzik

I have the same issue with the 747. A secondary problem is that the 747 load manager fails when startd.I have attached the error report. AppName: 747400_loadmanager.exe AppVer: 10.0.61355.17 ModName: kernel32.dllModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00012aeb

>I too have been having issues with my 744 since I installed>the MD11.>I still prefer flying the 744 to the MD11 simply because I>find the Boeing to be a more familiar experience and I don't>want to learn the nuances of the MD, so I'll just uninstall>the MD11 for now, although I'd like to be able to keep them>both.>>You can add me to the list of a now broken 747 since installing the MD11.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Ran the patch and have got the panel back, but screens are blank. Have tried brightness. Anything else I've missed?

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me