Sign in to follow this  
Guest java_wu2000

FMC problem PMDG747-400 for FS2004

Guest java_wu2000

Hi Everyone,I am a newbie of PMDG and I am now encountering a problem about FMC.in the FMC flight plan, I've set the CRZ ALT 15000.VNAV and LNAV is activated. I've set the ALT at MCP 10000 for the takeoff.after takeoff CMD L is activated....the flight follow the route (LNAV works correctly).....however, VNAV seems doesn't work. The flight just level off at 10000 which I set at MCP for takeoff. Even I tried to set 15000 at MCP, it still at 10000.Anyway, I just leave it and continue the flight......however, at T/D, it still remain in 10000, it doesn't descent according the flight plan in FMC......is there any thing I miss? please help,thanks a lot

Okay what you need to remember is that:What is entered in the FMC is what either you or the FMC would LIKE to do. What is set on the MCP is what the FMC is ALLOWED to do. This is determined by you.By saying in the FMC you would LIKE to climb to 15,000ft, but then setting 10,000ft on the MCP, will only ALLOW the aircraft to climb to 10,000ft, before it thinks - "well, hang on, I'm not allowed past 10,000ft" and levels off.If you wish to climb to 15,000ft, you need to set that altitude in the MCP ALT window. If you have levelled off prior to this at a lower alt (using your example of 10,000ft), say due to ATC or whatever, you can dial up the next altitude you would like to climb to (in your case, 15,000ft) and then you press the MCP alt knob (the one you use to dial in the altitudes). You do this by getting the mouse pointer in the middle of the knob and clicking.Hope this helps and hasn't confused you moreCheersRudyPS - don't forget to sign your name as per forum rules