Sign in to follow this  
kurtcollins86

PMDG MD-11 ILS autoland malfunction

Hello everyone First off I want to say how much I love the MD-11 you all at PMDG do nothing skimpy. It's a great!! Great!! simulation.Now, down to my problem. Every time I shoot an ILS using Autoland it tracks the LOC in about 1 dot length to the left of centerline. I have tried approaches at KBWI, KRIC, KRDU, KJFK, KBOS. Each time the same thing. FMC has a legit flight plane loaded flys the flight plan just fine...I then load the approach. It loads fine and begins the approach just fine. I checked the ILS freq. at all the airports they are good. When the AFS intercepts the LOC it overshoots then follows the LOC left of centerline. The Autoland however, does follow the G/S perfectly. So yeah...its a great 3 degree landing...its just about 100ft too far to the left each time. So simply I never get to land...always have to do a lot of go arounds... :)p.s. does anyone else have this problem?and how do I fix it?Kurt Collins

Guest cueceleches

Same here, always to the left. Have to manually follow the ILS.Esteban

Hi,just 2 landings so far - LSZH 14 and EDDF 25L - AUTOLAND -both just perfect...btw: the call-outs of the computer-lady( voice ) are ABSOLUTELY identical to the RW MD11 !!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi there,I've had the same problem in the past with the PMDG 747X. I went on YouTube asking everyone if they've had it too and how they fixed it. One guy said I have to download the MagDec 2005 update, but when I did, it made no difference.After a bit of experimenting, I found that all you have to do to correct this is run an FSX repair, and if you have the Acceleration Expansion pack run a repair on that also. After I did that the 747X followed the localiser precisely every single time.Hope this works for you, and not just my pc. :-)Nathan

this is the response from the email to the PMDG tech support. YOU GUYS AT PMDG ARE SO GREAT!!! :)"This problem was discussed several months ago on the forum with the 747-400X. The end result appeared to be an issue either the core FSX files or the FSX.exe registry location. The easiest thing to try to repair it is to see if the FSX registry is corrupt. There is a tool available from our friends at Flight 1 that can be used to repair the registry path for FS9 and FSX. You can find this file at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library and once you download that and run it you should be all set. RegardsPaul GollnickManager Customer/Technical SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com "So I'm going to try this out right now! Thanks again PMDG!! Kurt Collins

YAY!!! Ok..so I just tried this out and it works!! So anyone having this same issue simply follow the procedure above. Thanks again PMDG you all are the best out there! :)Happy flying!Kurt Collins

I have the problem only at certain airports - as mentionned before perfect autoland in LSZH and EDDF, but yesterday 150ft left at GOOY/DKR.I downloaded the tool and ran it, but it asked me to browse ( where ?), finally tried FSX folder, then it said you have to have admin rights...I have admin rights!Could somebody explain step by step how to use this tool - please!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest cueceleches

Indeed, the registry repair seems to have worked wonderfully...made a landing yesterday at Edimburgh and dead on. Thanks for the tip!Esteban

Can someone explain exactly how to run this tool to a dummy on Vista.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"