Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

Landing lights with cargo model not aligned?

Guest ziporama

Not sure why, but my landing lights on the MD-11 project on the ground, but offset about 100m to the right, and about 100m in front (distances are not very scientific - approximating) for all three lights (left/nose/right). They are showing in the right pattern and intensities, just offset to the right and front of the model.Landing light projections show correctly with other add-ons and default a/c.Not using ActiveX graphics (ref other post on landing light issues) - the spot bitmap is the original. Not a big deal, suggestions/clues would be appreciated.Running FSX/Acceleration, Vista 64, 4Gb memory, 8800 Ultra 768Mb in DX9 mode.Cheers,Etienne

Just experienced the same. Only RWY turnoff lights illuminate the ground correct.Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Guest ziporama

Yes, confirming that the turnoff lights are projecting properly on both sides of the models (pax & cargo).Etienne

If users have changed certain bitmaps to something customized (like the landing light halo or the landing light illumination on the ground), they can encounter this type of problem.spotlight.bmp and fx2.bmp are files that should be left as default. Restore those and it should remedy the problem (you backed them up prior to changing them, right? ;))Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest ziporama

Thanks for the info. I don't know about fx2.bmp, will check that one.Etienne

Guest ziporama

All,I found the issue I think. For some reason, my spotlight.bmp was 64x64, with 7 mip maps (this, per the ACES image tool).The original CD based bitmap appears to be 256x256 with the same 7 mip maps. The image looked the same, but was smaller. FX_2.bmp was unchanged.Now, I need to solve the mystery as to how my spotlight.bmp was changed to a smaller image, and how the smaller image also made it to my backups!Hope this helps, and may you lose less hair than I did!Cheers,Etienne