Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Trimming problem

HiHas anybody come across this problem?The key board and the joystick trim buttons do not work in the md 11-they are ok with the 747x and level d767.I can not 'turn' the trim wheel with the mouse either-it goes back to centre position when I unclick the mouse.I have tried the re mapping but the same.everything else works great.Please help as I absolutely love the md 11-espicially the extensive check lists and the multi panels.congratulations Team PMDG!!!Qasvista 64 bit.

Guest FirstOfficerFast

...thats probably because its not a trim wheel? Unlike other designs, the MD "switch" on the pedestal is just a switch to trim up or down, not an indicator.Niklas

Qas,This is how the trim wheel works. You grab the handles move it up or down away from the center, and as long as you keep it there the trim changes. Once you release the handles it will go back to the center position.So, what you have to do is press the mouse button (left to move wheel down, right to move up), keep the mouse button pressed down for as long as you want the trim to keep changing, then release the mouse button and the handles will return to the center position. At the same time you should have the SD CONFIG or SEC ENG display visible, so that you can watch the trim value changing.Note that this is not the usual way to change the stab trim. The normal way is through the yoke trim switches. This can be simulated by the default FS keyboard commands for trim, which you can assign to a switch of your yoke/joystick. In this case the trim handle will not move.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Also, The Trim function will not function without adequate hydraulic pressure. If prior to engine start. Turn an Aux Pump on, and you shall be able to trim. CheersPaul

Thanks everyoneI wasn't looking in the displays for a change in trim value-I thought the wheel should move when I press the joystick assigned button.I will look for it on the display.I start with the engines on-I am still in the infancy stage for dark and cold start up-I am still struggling with the 747x :-(. It will be a while before I can manage the dark and cold setup with the md 11.thanks again .Qas

Guest XM DUDE

A little side note from my MD-11 flight control rigging days, those are referred to as "suitcase handles" and you will notice they are split dividing the trim between system 1&3.

I think the MD-11 is easier to set up from the cold and dark vs the 744x. Almost everything on the overhead is automatic..... All you have to do is turn it on :-lol.

Guest XM DUDE

The MD-11 looks intimidating at first, but once you get used to it, it is really easy to fly.Michael Pare.