Sign in to follow this  

Everyone's thoughts

I thought I would ask everyone here before I wrote to MS asking that they consider these changes for FS2004. My only really big beef is that there is little difference between Standard and Pro versions of the sim. I either had an epiphany or a brain f@rt, and we will soon find out which it is. I was thinking, why not make the Pro version more Pro? I mean the expert flight simmer is much more advanced than the expert was in FS98. By expert I mean more along the lines of what a real pilot would use like sectionals, approach plates, enroute charts, blah blah blah.Also, make the panels more functional in the Pro version. The panels are okay now, but a far cry from what I would consider Pro. FLY is obviously a prime example of what Im referring to, but it doesnt even have to be that extreme. I just want to see that when I click something, like lets say the alternate static source, that I see a jump in the VSI. Or some other obscure gauge or switch that Im not thinking of right now that has no other real sim function besides making a sound and leaving the rest to my imagination.Thats pretty much it, I would rather pay Standard $50 and Pro $100 to get a much more indepth sim in the Pro version that to pay and extra 20 or 30 bucks and get a few extra gauges, cities or whatever trivial thing they slide in there to make me feel good about Pro. :) What does everyone think? Is this a suggestion I should make to MS?Craig

Guest Lindy

I think you're on to something. I would like to see some sectionals, charts; better more realistic looking panels (ala Fly! -- sorry Larry); separate controller settings for flying choppers, maybe.But of course the "bottom line" will rule. MS adds a few trivial things to the Pro version and slaps a higher price tag on it knowing perfectly well, we'll buy that one instead of the Standard. If they made the Pro version more "pro", I don't believe the average customer would buy it and MS is looking to sell as many units as it can.But it never hurts to ask. -Lindy :-wave

I would completely agree with the idea of charts and sectionals, although I can't see MS adding in extra detail in the aircraft in the PRO version unless the aircraft is unique to that version.I would rather see FS2004 only have one version so no-one gets caught in the "Standard Version Trap" which I was FS2000 (I didn't have the money for the PRO version and missed out on the extra aircraft). Priced slightly higher than the existing Standard version (well I would rather see it at the same price but I cannot see that happening).

How about they get all the great freeweare programers (PAI, Water Library, Fixed and rotor wing, scenery, panels, sounds etc.) together and put all that stuff in from the outset in a super freekin version on 20 gigs worth of cd. I'd be willing to pay $$ for that.

I agree with Lindy MS is looking to sell as many copies as they can. The average customer will not pay $100 for the pro version for sectional charts and other things that would only be of any use to the expert IFR pilot. Andrew:-wave

Yes, I know that it is a long shot, but I figured that we are still far enough away from the release that they might consider someting like this. Maybe it would be closer to reality if there was stiff competition. :(Craig

I was just thinking to myself the other day that the Pro version should include everything the standard had plus the heavy jets, and the standard version just to have GA aircraft. I myself don't care to fly heavies, but got the Pro version for the Baron and Caravans. I do like the idea of including charts, but I already have a complete set of IFR charts for the US.

>I think you're on to something. I would like to see some >sectionals, charts; better more realistic looking panels >(ala Fly! -- sorry LarryLindy................. Do you NOT have panels such as the Dreamfleet Archer, the Flight1 C-421, or the backlit night panel of the FSD Cheyenne ?????? :) I like FLY panels too, but now that I'm use to the virtual cockpits, I keep missing those working gauges in the FLYII corner window modes....As to realistic looking panels in small GA aircraft, I'd say that the DF Archer is as realistic as any! You should see their new Cardinal panel! As to sectional charts.............. OKAY! :) They made for a super GPS in the original FLY..L.Adamson

I think that would pretty much penalise people who want to fly the heavies. They may have no interest in the GA aircraft at all, personally I never touch the heavies from FS but I don't see why people that want to should pay more !!!

They can use PAI's stuff if they want to. All I want is a free copy of FS2004 and a computer that'll do it justice.