Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeltaSimTek

FSX crashes when trying to load flight plan in MD-11 FM...

Guest DeltaSimTek

First major problem with this bird. When loading a flight plan into the FMC, specifically any route from KATL, FSX crashes. All I am doing is entering KATL/KLAX in 1R on the INIT Page and as soon as I press 1R it freezes up. From this point all I can do is a Ctrl-Alt-Del and restart FSX. Anyone else seen this problem before? Very frustrating. I even went to a different airport and loaded a plan from KATL and got the same results.Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Bryan, have you tried a different sid/star file for KATL?Which sid/stars are you using? The ones that installed with the MD-11, or something else?

Guest DeltaSimTek

>Bryan, have you tried a different sid/star file for KATL?>>>Which sid/stars are you using? The ones that installed with>the MD-11, or something else?Can't even get to the SID/STAR selection. As soon as I enter the from/to, with the from being KATL, FSX crashes.Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Bryan,Sorry I should have been more specific.I mean the actual KATL.txt file. The one that is in your FSXPMDGSIDSTARS folder. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that file could be corrupted somehow.I don't know which sidstar files you use. Either the ones that get installed with the MD-11, Dan Downs' updates that you can download from here at AVSIM, or the ones you can purchase from Navigraph. My thought was if it is corrupted, a reinstall of whatever sid/stars you use should fix it.Hope this helps.

Guest DeltaSimTek

Well I installed a newer AIRAC file, loaded it up and got the same thing. Chrashed as soon as I set the 'FROM' to KATL. Anyone ever seen this before?

Guest Callmecapt

I don't have the md-11 yet, but just curious, what are your system specs? I have a friend who had a similar problem with FSX and we nailed it down to his video card. It was too old.Goran