Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

Stabilizer Trim Anu: "Staying orange" instead of "green"?

Guest Susan27

Hi,I have this problem with the Stabilizer trim: In the Tutorial it is said that I should use the trim wheel to move the stabiliser trim direction ʻNOSE UPʼ until the stabiliser indication on the SD-ENG page shows 3.9 ANU in *green*:Well, no matter in which direction I pull the stabilizer trim wheel (tried all the way down and up the bar) it is never going to become a *green* ANU light at all...it is staying "orange" all the time...And if I want to takeoff a warning tone comes "Stabilizer! Stabilizer!"Could someone tell me what to do in order that the ANU light becomes green...?h3ny2gwo.jpgThanks very much!KRSusan

Susan,you need to set up the FMC pages according the tutorial. On your screenshots your V-speed boxes are still amber suggesting you did not enter the required data into the FMC.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Susan27

Well, please look at my other thread concerning the FMC-Origin/destination problem: I am simply unable to enter to enter those essentail data like origin airport and destination airport on the "INIT" page at LSK R1. Here is what I enter there:"EGLLLSZH"The result --> "Format error"If I enter "EGLLLSZH" or ""EGLLLSZH001" at LSK L1 (Co Route) the result is: "Not in Data base!"What do I have to do in order to enter the airports at the INIT page, in order to complete the required data of the FMC, so that I can also adjust the correct stabilizer-trim setting afterwards...?Many thanks in advance! ;-)KRSusan

Guest Susan27

Thanks for the answer! :)Is there a way to use the keyboard of the PC instead of clicking every character...?Thanks again! :)KRSusan

Guest JHellz

you also require HYD pressure for the stabiliser from the tutorialOpen the HYD panel (via overhead panel or the SD HYD page) and turn on AUX PUMP 1Hydraulic system 3 will pressurise to provide stabiliser trimming and parking brakeThe corresponding PRESS light will extinguishJohn

Susan,Yes there is. Check out the end of page 54, and page 54 of the introduction. :)

Guest Susan27

Thanks Mike & John for your help!Now I also know that there is an introduction extra pdf (lol!)John wrote:>>you also require HYD pressure for the stabiliser >>from the tutorial>>Open the HYD panel (via overhead panel or the SD >HYD page) and turn on AUX PUMP 1>Only to be sure: On SD HYD page I only can watch the current status but *NOT(!)* change it (e.g. turn on Aux Pump 1 etc.), thats *ONLY(!)* possible via the overhead- or HYD panel, correct...?>>Hydraulic system 3 will pressurise to provide stabiliser >trimming and parking brake>>The corresponding PRESS light will extinguish>...Question: I turned AUX Pump 1 to "on", HYD system 3 was pressurized. But what about HYD systems 1 & 2:a) How do I pressurize those systems?:( Briefly, for which systems of the MD11 are they mandatory/important...?x8zy24zp.jpg

Guest Elzee

i'm not an MD11 pilot, nor do i own this simulation...but simply looking at the system schematic ...maybe using the 1-3 RMP and the 2-3RMP ? not sure if the AUX PUMP can provide sufficient power to get 3000psi in 3 systems though...(On the airplane i fly the 'PTU' only passes through 2600psi out of 3000psi source...)Cheers

Hi SusanThink you will find the other 2 hyd systems are pressurisedafter main engine start. System 3 is used for push back (nose gear) and braking i think. I didnt realise it was used to trimthe stabilizer though, i learned something today :-) ...Andy B

This might be a dumb question, but did you remember to load Panel state for tutorial 1?- Philip.

Guest rellehenk

Normally the stab trim is set after engine start..

Guest Elzee

>i'm not an MD11 pilot, nor do i own this simulation...>but simply looking at the system schematic ...>maybe using the 1-3 RMP and the 2-3RMP ? not sure if the AUX>PUMP can provide sufficient power to get 3000psi in 3 systems>though...>(On the airplane i fly the 'PTU' only passes through 2600psi>out of 3000psi source...)>Cheersand of course i'm aware this is not the sop... i suppose 3 engines => 3 hyd systems.... kinda obvious...