Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeltaSimTek

MD-11 Step Climb issue

Guest DeltaSimTek

When adding a new step climb altitude to an existing CRZ Level, the existing cruise levels are erased, replaced by the new cruise level. Example, Let

Guest wyldmagik

why dont u just add 290/330/370/410 ?

Guest wyldmagik

Yes I understand that of course, but in reality typing 290/330/370/410 is adding it to the existing string..If its true the md11 real world counterpart can allow ///410 then im guessing your saying you want the pmdg md11 to do exactly the same.Because in all honesty if it works for you with >> 290/330/370/410 :(

Yes, but if this is a bug, should be fixed. And appears to be an easy one.

Juan Ramos

Guest DeltaSimTek

>Yes I understand that of course, but in reality typing>290/330/370/410 is adding it to the existing string..>>If its true the md11 real world counterpart can allow ///410>then im guessing your saying you want the pmdg md11 to do>exactly the same.>>Because in all honesty if it works for you with >>>290/330/370/410 << being added instead of ///410 in mid>flight,, im not sure what the beef is..>>:( Just some of us search for reality while others settle for less...This should be corrected in an update.And please sign your name...Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Of course it should accept the slashes, and actually last time I checked (on the ground I think) it did. I'll check again to see if it doesn't work in some circumstances. If it is a bug it sure be fixed in the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest DeltaSimTek

>Of course it should accept the slashes, and actually last>time I checked (on the ground I think) it did. >I'll check again to see if it doesn't work in some>circumstances. >If it is a bug it sure be fixed in the next update.>>>Thanks Michael,It accepts the slashes when entering the string, but when appending/updating, it dumps the previous altitudes. It wants the whole string entered at the same time.Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Bryan,I just did a quick test. I was level at FL350, and 350/370 was entered on 5L. I typed in //390, then selected it to 5L. It changed from 350/370, to 350/370/390. That's what should happen right? You're saying when you do that, it climbs to 390?Either I'm not understanding what you are trying to do, or we're doing something different somewhere. Any ideas?EDIT: Just thought of something. What did you have the altitude on the FCP set at? I had mine at FL350. I'm guessing since you mentioned you started climbing, you had yours set to a higher altitude. I don't know how it's supposed to work with an altitude set higher, but I think that might be where the issue/problem is.

Bryan, I'll try that as well. Give me a second to fire the sim up.Read my edit if you haven't already. I think I edited when you posted this.