Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

Possible to patch the 747...?

Guest Callmecapt

I noticed in some posts and from what people are saying, the MD-11 is a real greaseball in terms of framerates. 1 person on another forum has said he hits it over 100fps.Is it at all possible to make the 747 for FSX hit the fps that high as well. Currently, I'm hitting around 20-30fps. Since the MD-11 is more complex, I would imagine the 747 would run even faster if it were to adopt some MD characteristics in performance.Goran

100fps with the MD-11 is definitely possible! At 800x600 and at FL100+. This should be the case with the 744X as well. I have not seen the post you refer to but I would take it with a pinch of salt.20 to 30 fps is BY FAR the average when you look at using 19inch+ monitors. So much depends on your FSX settings, other addons, how many processes you are running, your system specs etc etc.Your FSX and 744X are running just fine and there is nothing PMDG can do to improve performance in any noticeable way. With the MD-11 there may be some minor optimisations in the future but if it will add up to more than a 5fps increase we will be very lucky.Konrad

Konrad

Guest Callmecapt

It wasn't the avsim forums. It was a general gaming forum.Goran

In that case I would take it with a whole handful of salt!I am sure everyone on this PMDG forum will back me up when I say that 20 to 30 fps is about what you can expect below 10000ft with the MD-11 or 744X with reasonable FSX settings. Lower FSX settings and smaller screen resolutions will average 30 to 40 fps. Above 10000ft all these very complex airliners perform great.Konrad

Konrad

Guest Callmecapt

Fair enough. Experimenting with the 744 as I type. Seeing what I can squeeze out of her.;)Goran

Sorry guys, the 747 is a finished product. We'd have to essentially remake the whole thing for you to see the kind of FPS gains the MD-11 has - we learned a lot both on the gauge and VC modelling side when we were doing the MD-11. That stuff will carry through to future products like the NG 2.0 etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Callmecapt

NP RyanAs I am no developer, I wasn't sure what was involved.Still enjoying it though. Even though it was compared to a DEFAULT 747 in an earlier thread by one of the developers.Shame shame:( Goran

> Even though it was compared to a DEFAULT 747 in an earlier thread by > one of the developers.That was me. Beta tester, not developer. And I wasn't comparing the two. :)It had nothing to do with how the 747 looks or performs by itself, just that when looking at it initially, I wondered for a split second if I was in the PMDG or not. I was looking for all the little click spots in the 2-D panel and didn't see them. After flying the MD-11 for 2 months or so, it took my brain a second to realize the 747 doesn't have them.The comment that I was responding to was about how the 2-D panel in the MD-11 doesn't look as good as in the FS9 747. To me, the 747 looks like a default panel compared to the MD-11. That has a lot to do with colors I'm sure, but I wasn't comparing the PMDG 747 with the default 747. I was using a default plane to try and explain what I meant.Obviously if you thought I was comparing the PMDG 747 and the default plane, that didn't come across too well. :)

Guest Callmecapt

It's ok Mike.I was merely "taking the p i s s".Australian slang for "yanking your chain" just a bit.;) Goran

Guest SkullxBones

>We'd have to>essentially remake the whole thing for you to see the kind of>FPS gains the MD-11 hasOh good!, when can you get started?:-)Jeff P.