Sign in to follow this  
BeaconSlash

MD-11 Widescreen Mode

Hi all,I've got a couple of friends that are just raving about the MD-11. They've sent me some screenies and mentioned how there's a "widescreen" mode or something.Does this beast support custom monitor resolutions? Do I need two monitors to use widescreen effectively?I ask because I'm considering making the plunge. I've staved off buying heavies largely because I never fly routes of the length they usually like to run. I love PMDG's past products though, and certainly the buzz about the plane has got me thinking. Pretty pricey though... gotta figure out a way to justify it in the budget.Anyway, any information about this would be great. Thanks much.~Nate

There is a widescreen mode, but I'm not sure what you mean by custom resolutions... that would depend on your video card? Two monitors are definitely not required. This product is extremly easy to navigate between console, overhead, etc. in either VC or 2D panels.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

I guess by "custom resolution," I mean is "widescreen" a particular resolution, or is it a ratio?Like, my monitor is runs at 1680x1050 widescreen. Does that work?~Nate

Yes, it does work, and you won't need two screens. The airplane has 2 panels: 1 panel is standard aspect ratio (4:3), the second panel is widescreen aspect ratio (16:9).When you start the load manager, there is a check box that you can check if you have a widescreen monitor. This will swap the panel for you, so that when you load FSX, the appropriate panels will show up.For those with multiple monitors, there is also the option to undock various panels and slide them over to a second screen. Regardless, you can still use either the standard or widescreen option on your primary monitor.Hope this clears things up for you! :)Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest sagoes

Hello, Maybe another problem with my load manager(I am having also the problem with loading fuel discussed in another thread): When I check the panel configuration box to wide screen, my panel is exactly the same as if I have checked it to the normal panel. So I don't know if I am using a normal or wide screen panel. Best regards, Orlando.

Orlando,When you are making the selection of the widescreen panel on the configurator then a popup appears and advises you that the wide screen panel is applied to XX liveries.Keep in mind that IF you install a livery after the panel selection to widescreen then that livery will use the non widescreen panel. You have to rerun the loader to set it up to wide.A wide panel looks like the one in the link belowi58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/Olympic260/MD11/-2008-sep-20-036.jpgChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I have to manually go into the Aircraft.CFG file and change all panels to widescreen. The load manager does not change the panel in the planes.

Guest hst12

You can only switch the panel mode when FSX is not running.

OK, I ran it without FSX Running, good news, it worked, Bad news... It deleted all my liveries and now I will have to install manually, because the installer will pop up, give me a choince to Modify, repair or uninstall. I chose modify and repair but my planes are not there anymore...:( ...

run 'uninstall' then install again then.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest sagoes

Hello Chris,Flight 1 registry repair tool worked for me and solved the widscreen problem too. Now I am flying with a wide panel.Thanks. Best regards.Orlando.