Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

Out of memory CTD on 747-400X

Hi allAs you can see from my screenshot I gets dark flashings strips in my scenery and after a few minutes I get and out of memory CTD. I have the latest video drivers for my graphics card.I only seem to get this with the PMDG747-400x,if a stay in the cockpit i don't get it but if i start to look at A.I or from wing view it crashs.I would really appreciate some help this.Mark.My PC spec is as follows:-Vista 32bit+sp1/AMD6400+/nvida9800GTX+/4 Gig mem (only shows 3.5 as running vista32bit) FSX+SP2/Level-D+sp2a/PMDG http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193542.txt

Hi MarkThis will be related to running 4GB of RAM on a 32bit OS. Check out the post below to do with Out of Memory errors with the MD-11, but all just as applicable to the 744X.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=158114&page=4If you're not prepared to set the/3GB switch as per the post above you can try more modest FSX settings. Vista 64bit is your only other option.Hope this helps!Konrad

Konrad

Thanks KonradOn my system I have 4X1gig mem sticks, so removed two of them which I think means my 32-bit operating system should be OK,but I was still getting the same out of memory CTD with only 2gig installed.So I don't think my problem is having the 4gig in my system. What do you think what??Mark

You are most probably hitting or skimming the ceiling of RAM available to FSX, which in your case would be near 1.6GB. Your FSX settings may still be a bit optimistic? Do you perhaps have UTX installed? If so you will need to disable the 3d vehicles and perhaps the night lighting using the UTX setup tool.I suggest you check out NickN's guide: USING VISTA AND WINDOWS XP x32 WITH MORE THAN 2 GIGS OF SYSTEM MEMORY at http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1208959973The relevant section is about half way down in the above post. There is a lot of other good info on this post - I suggest you read the whole thing. Alternatively get Sam and/or Gary on this forum to help you out further!Make sure you have FSX SP2 installed (sorry if an obvious one)!Konrad

Konrad

Hi again Konrad,Thank you so much for that link,I first rebuild the page file as it tell yo to and I added this line using my CMD:- bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560I have route saved using PMDG 747-400x on App to EGKK which would CTD all the time with PMDG+UK2000EGKK+Justflight Traffic. but this time landed just fine +I got 5-6FPS more.I just hope this was not just a one off.Again thank you very much for your help.Mark ParslowPS MY wife was just about to kick my out,if i keeped on about this.

No reason for it to be a once off - you're good to go! Glad I could help, went through the same issues a few days ago myself.Enjoy!Konrad

Konrad

>Thanks Konrad>>On my system I have 4X1gig mem sticks, so removed two of them>which I think means my 32-bit operating system should be>OK,but I was still getting the same out of memory CTD with>only 2gig installed.>>So I don't think my problem is having the 4gig in my system. >What do you think what??>>Mark>>Just for further understanding the 3GB switch a.k.a bcedit thing has nothing to do with the amount of physical memory on the system. It pertains to the virtual addressing of the system. So even if you do not have 4gb of physical memory installed the switch is still pertinent i.e. use the switch even if you only have 2gb of physical memory installed.Now that you are using the switch I would put my other two sticks back in and if no issues leave them in.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.