Sign in to follow this  
pilotguy365

Landing Roll Out

Wow Jeff, a smooth sim you have there, whats your spec's please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I noticed that the red BRAKE (or is it BRAKING?) message isn't showing up in the lower left-hand corner in your video. Should we see this message or not?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

You can make this message disappear I believe in the fsx.cfg file somewhere in there has to do with messages or whatever if you CTRL+F in the FSX.CFG. However, as you probably know, always make a backup of the cfg before you make any changes. I'm assuming that's what he's done in his sim.Thanks,Tony N.

Guest Debosonic

IMPORTANT: If you are using a hardware throttle devicewith your yoke or joystick you must move its lever(s) toidle now. Otherwise your aircraft may go full thrust whenflaring!-This is what the tutorial says and i think this issue that you describe happened to me twice and I think it is worth considering.

I'm going to give this "fix" full endorsement - it did the trick for me. Perhaps a user setting in the PMDG options window to set a threshold for throttle and brake controller movement would be helpful in the future? It seems that any slight spike in the brake pedals or throttle makes the AUTOBRAKE a nogo in the MD11.Thank you to Tony and Yves for this "fix."

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Wow Jeff, a smooth sim you have there, whats your spec's>please?Hey Dave,I'm running an e8400 that's overclocked to 3.8GHz, 2GB of RAM, and an 8800GT. I built the machine in March as an upgrade from my 2004 P4 2.4GHz machine, and I must say the improvement is quite remarkable! Now if REX will come out so I can complete the transition to FSX, I will be a happy man!Thanks!Jeff H.KDEN

>I noticed that the red BRAKE (or is it BRAKING?) message>isn't showing up in the lower left-hand corner in your video. >Should we see this message or not?Hi Jeff,I have not edited that in my config as far as I remember, but I also didn't see it when I went to manual braking....so perhaps I did.Jeff H.KDEN

If you haven't changed the .cgf then the red brake should be in the corner even with auto brakes. It took me a while to get used to the auto land in the MD-11. For me the MD-11 stopped fairly quickly with med autobrakes. One thing I don't try to control the speed during decent. The autoflight system adjusts the speed based upon point of decent and flap setting. Once I stopped controling the speed setting like a Boeing thing have been real smooth.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB