Sign in to follow this  
Guest haveblue777

Add-On Liveries not working

Guest haveblue777

I downloaded several of the MD-11 add-on liveries and installed them, but none of them are showing up in my FSX aircraft selection menu. I've installed add-on liveries for 747-400 FS2004 before and it was pretty straightforward.Can anyone help me out?Pierre Yap

Guest haveblue777

Yes, it is checked.

Guest Totalbeginner

Are you using Windows Vista?Martin Neep

Guest haveblue777

Yes, Windows Vista 64-bit on a Lenovo Intel Dual Core, 2.8Ghz, 4G RAM, 512MB Nvidia card.

I believe Vista is the culprit. I'm still on XP so I'm not entirely sure on how to fix this but it is fixable. I'm sure a knowledgeable user will chime in with the solution. I'll also alert Paul and Ryan in support.

Pierre,Ensure that you're running both FSX itself and the livery installers with the "Run As Adminstrator" option from the right-click menu.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Totalbeginner

Running FSX as an administrator is definitely the culprit!>Rigth click START and choose EXPLORE>Localte file C:ProgramFilesGamesFlightSimulatorXFSX>Right click the FSX file and go to the compatability tab>Check the box next to "Run as an administrator" and applyThis should solve the problem!Martin Neep

Guest haveblue777

Oh yes, that was the problem. Running it as administrator solved it perfectly. Thanks for the support everyone! Now on to flying my FedEx cargo...

Guest digger661
Oh yes, that was the problem. Running it as administrator solved it perfectly. Thanks for the support everyone! Now on to flying my FedEx cargo...
Sorry to ambush this thread but does anyone know if this will work for fs9 as well??? I've tried a search but can't seem to find anything that helps me out. I'm using vista 32 bit OS; when I downloaded the md 11 for the first time I downloaded a couple of liveries just afterwards and they work fine, now although the installer thinks I've installed some more they are not in the aircraft selection menu!!! I've looked in the md 11 aircraft folder and the liveries I've installed are in there, but they just don't show up when selecting which aircraft to fly...I'd really appreciate any help or advice on offer.Thanks in advnace.John Brandrick

Sorry to ambush this thread but does anyone know if this will work for fs9 as well??? I've tried a search but can't seem to find anything that helps me out. I'm using vista 32 bit OS; when I downloaded the md 11 for the first time I downloaded a couple of liveries just afterwards and they work fine, now although the installer thinks I've installed some more they are not in the aircraft selection menu!!! I've looked in the md 11 aircraft folder and the liveries I've installed are in there, but they just don't show up when selecting which aircraft to fly...I'd really appreciate any help or advice on offer.Thanks in advnace.John Brandrick
I have found that sometimes the aircraft.cfg file gets screwed up.It seems to work if you use PMDG's livery installer program to first uninstall or remove the livery completely,then reinstall it.Ron

Ron Service

Guest digger661
I have found that sometimes the aircraft.cfg file gets screwed up.It seems to work if you use PMDG's livery installer program to first uninstall or remove the livery completely,then reinstall it.Ron
Ron I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, but doesn't seem to make any difference.