Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

[MD-11X] Disconnection of the AP...

Guest FrancoisH

Hello,Twice time I disconnect AP on final and that my plane go upward slightly. I have to push the joystick to stop that so there's only two reason that it may cause that (neutral zone of my joystick is correctly defined).The first is the A/P trim movement continue after disconnection (I doubt that's the answer)...The second options is that the AP give me back controls in the same position the joystick was when I pushed A/P at beginning.Any clue ?

Guest SkullxBones

I've noticed the same thing a few times, like maybe the autopilot is correcting with downward stabilizer right when I disconnect, and the neutral position of my yoke brings the plane up because of the trim state.Jeff P.

Indeed. During late stages of a coupled approach the AP will add positive (ANU) stab trim and then lock trim position. This facilitates flare and go around. Vertical path and attitude control is being maintained **only** through the elevators. Unfortunately our joysticks/yokes do not have servos. When you disconnect the AP the control position is 0.0. So the moment you disconnect FS reads joystick position and the elevator "snaps" into zero angle from wherever it was and thus you see a momentary pitch up.Vangelis===================================== E M V Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest FrancoisH

Ok, as long as I don't have a way to have my commands follow the movement of the AP (which is missing for realism) I supposed I guessed the right way.Thank you for your answer ;)

This is true. In the real aircraft if you disconnect the A/p the column snaps backwards if you dont match the forward pressure the autopilot was providing!