Sign in to follow this  
Mat

Left Elevator Not Moving

Hi Guys!First I want to thank PMDG for that masterpiece MD-11!Nevertheless I have an issue regarding the left elevator. It's simply not moving. I have "advanced animations" activated and I turned off/on the auxiliary hydr. pump before engine start. I checked the hydr. pressure and everything seemed normal (at about 3000PSI). But everytime I try to check the flight controls via the configuration menu only the right elevator works. Then I switch to external view and it's true - the left elevator is not moving at all.Can somebody help me?Thanx in advanceMat

Did you check the calibration of the controls (joystick or pedals)?

Dan Downs KCRP

This can happen if you load the MD-11 *after* loading a default aircraft first.The solution is to load the MD-11 right when you first start up FSX.I don't know if that is the problem you are seeing, but it did cause the elevator issue you are seeing, for some people.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hey Guys!!Thanx for the answers!!@ Dan Downs: Yes, I checked the joystick calibration. I even reassigned and tried a different joystick - no success...@ Rhett: I allways load the the MD-11 right from the beginning. But I'm going to try the other way. I try to first load a default aircraft and after that load the md-11. Maybe that could helpt ;-) I'm just desperate ;-)@ Rudy: Negative, it's not only indicated in the menu. I checked it from the outside view and everything's moving fine, but the left elvator doesn't.Today I retried to set up MD-11 and got the same problem. But now the indicator of the right elevator jumps between pull-up and push-down position very fast. It seems that the indication can't decide whether to go to full up or full down position.Any ideas?

I just tried what Rhett said. I loaded the MD-11 and checked the elevator and the display worked. :-)This is a little strange for me because I always loaded the MD-11 as first plane. I

>I just tried what Rhett said. I loaded the MD-11 and checked>the elevator and the display worked. :-)>This is a little strange for me because I always loaded the>MD-11 as first plane. I

Rhett

That's interesting. So first you loaded a default plane and in the game you loaded MD-11?I'm going to check that tomorrow.Keep you up to date!EDIT: I checked it right now ;-)! It worked! Nice work around! Thanx Guys. But I hope PMDG will take care of that problem as it is obviously a bug.

>That's interesting. So first you loaded a default plane and>in the game you loaded MD-11?>Yes. But it wasn't working out well for me.So now I just load the MD-11 straightaway and it works great.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Ok, I see. The most important thing is that it works now :-D

I experienced it again. With the first plane loaded. In the outside view I could see that the left elevator didn

I am having the same problem as the OP - the elevators deflect fine on the outside view, but on the configuration status view only the right elevator moves. It also indicates "up" deflection no matter which way I move the joystick.Out of five flights until now I've seen it work correctly only once. This is from a fresh start of FSX, loading the MD-11 as first plane.Tom