Sign in to follow this  
escu

Improvement suggestion related to optimum flap / FLEX / performance data

Hi,I recently followed the discussion around the issue of Boeing proprietary performance data and why it is not possible to disclose it to us (or any other perf data developer like TOPCAT - which would be ideal btw).However I have another suggestion for PMDG, maybe it makes more sense and is legally correct.Obviously PMDG has the data and makes use of it to simulate the behaviour of the MD-11.Would it be possible to include a "cheat" function in the FMC to calculate the optimum FLAPS and FLEX values? Just like the one which is used for cheating the input for ZFW and CG (i mean clicking on the corresponding LSK next to the value)?I am sure this can be accomplished, provided all data has been correctly entered into the FMC (departure rwy, OAT), other relevant data can be extracted from FSX (QNH, airport elevation, etc.)Would this brake the NDA?Best Regards,Cristi

I don't understand anything about the NDA problem. Why we can't get information about how to calculate flaps/flex?? Lots of real MD-11 pilots should have that information to fly the real plane.Did those pilots have NDA with boeing too?? I don't believe it. We should ask a real MD-11 pilot if he can give us the data. Maybe we should ask in airliners.netUh, about your idea, is a very good one :)

Juan Ramos