Sign in to follow this  
Big_Les

MD-11 FMC vectors to final (ILS)

The answered to this is probably in the fmc manual somewhere..... but my head is exploding looking through it.This is what I want to do:Load FSX generated flight plan - OK can do thisUse FSX ATC for departure - think i#ve got the hang of this, just use heading and alt mode before switching to nav.Do not use STAR for arrival, just use FSX ATC for vectors onto the localizer - the main questions for the arrival phase are:1. How can I enter the arrival ILS without using a STAR?2. Will the FMC auto tune to the ILS?3. should I use PROF mode for the ILS approach or set speed manuallyI tried an approach last night using FSX atc for vectors and made a write pigs ear of it.

You can always program the Star and go with Hdg and alt modes as in your departure. The other solution is just to select the ILSXX for the runway you want and using hdg and alt to intercept.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The ILS auto-tunes when the aeroplane is within 25nm of the destination. If that is too late for you there is always the manual entry option.In the MD-11 it is entirely normal to utilize FMS speed during the approach- only requiring SPD INTV if needed due to ATC.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper