Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

My feelings about MD11

Hi:In the RW there are many pilots typed in different aircraft. Their currency may be only in one, but that can be changed with a line-check.I would offer an alternate viewpoint- the MD-11 is different- but that is exactly why it appeals to many. Yes, PMDG produces a product that does not allow for jumping in and flying without preparation- but again, that is exactly why it appeals to many. I too am fondest of my fat girl, and probably always will be- but I do enjoy the change, and am glad to have the MD-11 available. Her complexities and differences from the big Boeing are exactly what appeals to many.The VOR behavior is accurate to RW experience- I agree I prefer the situational awareness of the traditional Boeing ND (I miss those range rings!) but again, she is a different aeroplane.Please remember to sign all your postings, thanks!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Karl,Wind foirecast entries are as follows:- For climb from PERF (CLB page) FORECAST> prompt- For cruise waypoints from VERT REV page 2/2 (must have enetered CRZ LVL and COST INDEX, so that predictions are calculated and the FMS knows which waypoint is a CZR waypoint) - For descent from PERF (DES page) FORECAST> prompt

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Carl,in Europe you have only one type-rating active - after a certain time, I beleive, after more than a year after changing the type, you can refresh your previous type-rating by a shorter grd course and fewer sim sessions - but in the license you have only ONE!! You refer most probably to FAA regulations.BTW: I forgot in my original posting : Why am I flt simming ? Answers: FLIGHTPLANNING - FLYING/CHECKING - NEW FLIGHTPLAN and so on . . .??? signature ??? Bigger is not allowed . . .Michael,thats exactly what I did.inserted FL 300/320/340 and 360 and filled in the winds - but this does not reflect the readings at the waypoints.In my flt plan it called for 52N20W at FL 320 280/40 and for 50N30W and for 48N40W 310/110 and I found no way to insert these figures. The active FLT pln showed for the whole NAT 280/40 and after S/C to FL340 it showed 310/110 which was wrong for the rest of flt pln...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

once you have filled in all the other infothat the fms needs for the flight, then inputthe winds infoenroute winds:go to the flight plan page, scroll down to the waypoint that you want to input the wind info to.press the "page" button and then press the buttonto the right of the waypoint - this takes you intothe winds input page for that particular waypoint - fill in the info as requiredmake sure that the waypoint you are wanting toput the winds in appears after the TOC and before the TOD on the flight plan (ie is an enroute CRUISE waypoint)hope that helps.Fergus

Guest Callmecapt

I have to add something to this.I saw a post a week or so ago that one of the developers said the MD-11 does to the 747 what the 747 did to the NG in terms of realism.When the 747 came out, developers, and I wholeheartedly agree, said that it was extremely close to the real 747 in terms of system depth. Even being compared to the PS1 747 simulator which is THE 747 simulator to have for systems depth.The 737 series, although a great package, is lacking a few things. Most notably the IRS alignment feature.To be truthful, I cannot comment on the MD-11 as I still have yet to purchase it, but the 747, after reading everything I can on the plane, including the actual Boeing 747-400 manual, and playing the ITVV DVD on the 2nd monitor of my PC while flying the exact same flight in FS9 and FSX, is extremely faithful to the real model. The only thing I noticed that is different, is the feeling of speed as I do the takeoff roll. The dvd 747 appears to be moving about 30% faster in acceleration and speed but the V speeds are the same. Also the time from the start of acceleration to Vr is the same on both sim and DVD. This could be an FS9 and FSX issue.Goran