Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

MD-11: MCDU Fix Page - Distance Only?

Hi all,As I have always done with the PMDG 737 and 744, I have added an arrival Fix using the MCDU, being exactly 40nm (direct - not along track) from arrival thereby creating a crossing restriction. This is important to make Radar Contact play-nice with PMDG VNav descent capabilities. I have always been able to add the arrival fix (airport or VOR) on the MCDU Fix page and just simply enter " /40 ". Then, where my my FP crosses the 40nm range-ring, would then be downselected and uploaded to my Legs page, making a perfect crossing restriction.In the MD-11, I can't figure out how to translate the same procedure. I understand the MCDU's are not quite the same. The Fix page doesn't appear to accept just a /40 input. Any advice is welcome.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest tcable

Hi. Check out FMS manual page 40.9It's just entered differently.Tim

Guest pilot-joey

As I may assume after reading the FMS manual page 40.9 there is no function to create a round dashed circle (green line in PMDG 747X) as it can be entered as /40 in the 744? Please correct me if I'm wrong ;)!Best regards, Joey

Having read the manual "Fix" section several times, let me ask this; is there a way to designate a 40nm abeam point to the track or is abeam always perpendicular to the track? In otherwords, have the MCDU figure out where along the track a 40nm abeam point would exist?Or perhaps, is there another way to easily create a waypoint (direct - as the crow flies) 40nm from the arrival/last-VOR, along the current track, upon which we can build the required crossing restriction?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

You could set up a P/B/D waypoint that will put a waypoint x miles from a waypoint you select.Best regards,Robin.

Guest pilot-joey

>Joey the real MD-11 does not have range ring functionality ->hence it was not modelled in the PMDG aircraft. >>>Armen L Cholakian>>http://www.veryquiet.com/pics/sig_PMDG_MD11_DevTeam.jpgOkay Case closed :(, never flew the MD11 before so didn't knew that.Thanks for the clear answer.Best regards, Joey