Sign in to follow this  
markmcnulty

Unable to make Permanent Changes to PMDG MD-11

I have been trying to save to the Add-ons menu at the top of the screen. This works fine for that flight but I am unable to get it to save more permanently. Aslo I am finding it difficult to get the Pause at Top of Descent to work. Does anybody know if there are any issues with this?

Guest johnan

Yes, I have the same problem with the "pause at the top of descent"...it does not, even when ticked!I also find if I move the joystick during auto-flight the AP disengages which I thought ticking the "never" box in the appropriate option would prevent.I am using Vista 64...perhaps something to do with that?Beautiful simulation in all other respects though.Lets hope someone can point us towards a fix for these little niggles.John

Same here with the "pause at the top of descent", no effect. WinXP, SP2 and FSX SP2GreetingsSteffen

Guest johnan

So, it is not an operating system problem.....I presume there ARE people out there who do have "pause at top of descent" working?!... are we the only unlucky ones?I did try re-installing the MD11 but it made no difference.John

> ... are we the only unlucky ones?Nope. Here is one more.Pause at TOD worked for me once or two times, but stopped working after a few flights. Hope there will be a fix.I use FSPause now which works fine with FSX.Alex

Guest johnan

Unfortunately FSPause doesnt work with Vista due to netfx issues, as far as I can see.I find it quite a loss of functionality, if not realism not being able to set up a pause near a critical flight point.John

Guest johnan

I think this lack of pausing at TOD has only happened to me when I have started from a saved flight.I will try a flight set up from the "free flight2 screen and see if it does pause as it should.John

Yup, me too, no pause at TOD but it did once when I walked away from the cockpit. I'm wondering if it has to do with the lower altitdue target (something lower than cruise) already being set in the MCP. I wonder if I left the MCP at cruise level as programed in the MCDU, if it then will puase at TOD?Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest zofo

Hi,Same issue for me...You can use my utility XPause which is Vista Compatible now and works with FSX otr FS9.One of the new functions is to calculate Top Of Descent and to pause when reached !!Patrick FABRE.

Guest johnan

Patrick,Can you tell us where xpause can be downloaded from please?John

>Unfortunately FSPause doesnt work with Vista due to netfx>issues, as far as I can see.>I find it quite a loss of functionality, if not realism not>being able to set up a pause near a critical flight point.>>JohnYou find not being able to not pause the flight at T/D to be a loss of realism?Dang, sometimes I wish I had a Pause button on approach to deal with all of the things in real life...As for the issue, I have a feeling it's being worked on. That said, however, have you entered the APP data? Without the APP data entered, the sim will not pause.Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

>I have been trying to save to the Add-ons menu at the top of>the screen. This works fine for that flight but I am unable to>get it to save more permanently. Aslo I am finding it>difficult to get the Pause at Top of Descent to work. Does>anybody know if there are any issues with this?Hi,I had a problem with the selection of the dial/tape style enginedisplays.I have to make sure that the panel is visible (DU3 and 4, engine display) and only then is my action (switch between tape/dial) done.I loaded a flight last night, changed the displays and everything worked, including the pause at TOD.I will experiment further to see if a extra save of the options is a possible work-around.Fly safe,Wijnand (EHBK)

If you all are having problems with "pause at top of descent" then in the interim you can use a program by Thilo Arndt called "Be There" (filename: bethere.zip).Be There works in FS9, FSX, WinXP, WinVista32/64, no difference.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest 91101

I too am having this issue. Its actually not allowing me to de-select some other options I had saved previously. I have seen other posts concearning this issue with no resolve. PMDG doesn't guarantee a response, so I am curious if they will ever read this/or catch it.Brandon