Sign in to follow this  
sac601

B737 problem

I purchase both CD of teh B737 PMDG and use it with my FS9 window XP. Everything goes well, I fill my FMS and take off V nav and LNav work fine except that I can't turn on the A/T ARM at all. WHen I try it show and alarm. Also I fill the plane full of fuel and at start everthing is fine then suddenly they tell me that I have not enought fuel. Even on very short flight. Please help me with these issues.ThanksAl

Hi Al:The first question: Make sure you have turned on the engine's generators. If they are off the A/T will not arm.The second: May be a question of the amount of reserve fuel you have entered in the FMC. If the number is too high you will soon get the insufficient fuel warning even if the flight is short.Oh !by the way, how nice to speak about something different to the MD11.:)

Man it work, Thank you so much. See there is a friend of mine who fly for Air Canada Toronto Honk Kong B777 so he explained everything to me with my PSS 777 and I am an expert with it. For the PMDG 737 I love it but these were the big problems. Can I ask you a few question?1 - Is it normal fuel 12000 Kgs for 4 hours flight. 2- Reserved 2? in B777 we put 6.3- ZFW = 50 Empty weight + pay load4- What would be the normal cost index for this airplane? Speed should be around .76 ???Lot of questions I know and I thank you so much.Al

Hello Al,Jose-Luis, I agree it is nice to change from the MD-11...I'm glad you acquired the best 737NG on the market!! Since a couple of years I am so used to it's quality I can't fly anything else in the single aisle department.Now, as for your questions :It would be difficult to say if 12000kg would be normal for a 4 hour flight, it depends on mainly the winds enroute and your load among other things. There is a nice detailed fuel load sheet that comes with the manual(chapter 2), check it out.A lower reserve is pretty normal compared to the T7 considering the weight and fuel burn rates. I'm not sure but I read somewhere that 1.8K lbs is a good reserve figure for the NG. This is probably liable to change from company to company and maybe route too.You can use the load manager that comes with the program, it is very easy to use. Use it before you start FS. On the application window you can clearly see all the parameters.Cost indexes are variable, each company has it's own for it's routes. Personnally, for long distances (up to 1200-1500NM) I put in 100, for shorter ones between 20-70, but it's totally fictive, not based on anything. I remember seeing in certain real world aviation forums figures around 30-40 but I'm not 100% sure. I guess you can find some answers on cost indexes if you search the internet.I assume you are getting the "Insufficient fuel" warning in your FMC. Are you positive you are doing your calculations in the same units? (kg-lbs)?The only thing I can think of is what Jose-Luis said earlier (high reserve figure), I don't see any other reason why this warning would go off. Again, confirm your fuel load from the load sheets within the manual.If you can't solve it post some screen shots, it would give us some clues.

>>1 - Is it normal fuel 12000 Kgs for 4 hours flight. >>2- Reserved 2? in B777 we put 6.>Well, I've done the following calculation with the 737-Fuel Planner by Milan PutaAircraft = 737-700Pax = 145Baggage = 3200 kgTO weight = 64600 kgDistance = 1400 nm (more or less your FOUR hours)Dist to alternate = 100 nmAPU time = 30 minTaxi time = 15 minContingency fuel (reserves) = 2000 kgCalculate fuel, and... Bingo !!Necessary fuel = 12132 kg (your 12 tons)I've searched in Airliners.net cockpit pics of the NG, an I've found that while in cruise, the Fuel Flow figure is between 0.95 and 1.10 thousand kilos per engine and hour.