Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

MD11: AP disengagement: How to silence warning voice (GPWS)?

Guest Susan27

Hi,what do I have to do in order to silence that "Autopilot, Autopilot...!" female warning-voice after I disconnected the AP? What button/switch do I have to press/use etc...?Thanks very much! :)KRSusan

>Hi,>>what do I have to do in order to silence that "Autopilot,>Autopilot...!" female warning-voice after I disconnected the>AP? What button/switch do I have to press/use etc...?>>Thanks very much! :)>>KR>Susan>The second time you push (keyboard Z or mapped to a button on your hardware device :-)) it will be silent.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest Susan27

Thanks very much, Andre...its working!A follow up if you dont mind:AP is activated holding Alt, HDG and IAS:Now I would like to disconnect the HDG-function of the AP to fly the *HDG myself* but(!) keep Alt- and IAS-controlled by the AP...Is that possible (only AP- Alt & Speed) and if so what do I have to press where...?Thanks again! :)

>>>Is that possible (only AP- Alt & Speed) and if so what do I>>have to press where...?>>Not possible in this and majority of other aircraft.Isn't this CWS R in the 737?

>>>>>Is that possible (only AP- Alt & Speed) and if so what do I>>>have to press where...?>>>>Not possible in this and majority of other aircraft.>>>Isn't this CWS R in the 737?CWS is NOT to have AP controlled one or two axis and pilot flying manually in the remaining axis. CWS is to let pilot take full and temporary control of the aircraft and then return it back to AP.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

>>>>Isn't this CWS R in the 737?>>CWS is NOT to have AP controlled one or two axis and pilot>flying manually in the remaining axis. CWS is to let pilot>take full and temporary control of the aircraft and then>return it back to AP.Yes, in real world that's what it is for but in FS I think it defines what the poster wants do, banking while the AP controls speed and altitude. I don't know if this mode exists in the MD-11 though :-hmmm

>Yes, in real world that's what it is for but in FS I think it>defines what the poster wants do, banking while the AP>controls speed and altitude. I don't know if this mode exists>in the MD-11 though In the FS world many Micky-Mouse things exist that have little to do with real aviation. Since this is a very close replica of MD-11 it behaves like a real MD-11 and what she wants is not possible in a real aircraft.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest Susan27

OK, thanks for your answer, guys!But coming back to the AP:1) Is it then possible to have AP only control HDG while I control the Alt & climb/descent rate *manually*? 2) If so what do I have to do in this scenario: AP controlled HDG & Alt over a long period. Now I want to climb *manually* without the AP:What do I have to do now? When I use the flight yoke (e.g. pull back) the warning sound comes immediately...so I stop it...but this way I am unable to perform the climb/decent manually...What I am doing wrong here...?Thanks again! :)

>1) Is it then possible to have AP only control HDG while I>control the Alt & climb/descent rate *manually*? NO>AP controlled HDG & Alt over a long period. Now I want to>climb *manually* without the AP:You have to disconnect autopilot and climb manually. This will involve probably manually adding power and raising the nose to initiate the climb. You also have to learn what different warnings mean and understand how to react to them. I hope PMDG will come up with a tutorial for manual flying - for someone like you it may be next to impossible to control this airplane without going through fairly detailed step-by-step lesson that will introduce you to manual flying otherwise you will be in deep trouble every minute.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Susan,I hate to be negative but the actions you describe seem like abnormal procedures such as a system, electric or hyrdaulic failure therefore warnings/sirens/alerts are normal.If there is a warning then something is wrong! :) in your case pulling/pushing the yoke. I don't know if there would be a way around this, not in this add-on anyway...:-hmmmEDIT: Clarity

Guest Susan27

So, to come to a final conclusion regarding my AP-issue:When using AP, it controls HDG as well as Alt always at the same time (as a package)...Only Autothrust can be activated/deactivated independently of the current status of the AP, correct...?

>However I don't think you can do manual flying>with ATS engaged, in Boeing it is possible but I don't think>it is possible in MD-11.Yes you can. If you have ATS and AP engaged, when you disengage the AP then ATS remains engaged.Some airlines require their pilots to use ATS even when flying with AP OFF whenever it's available.ATS will then retard the throttles to idle before touchdown and disengage.Markus

Markus Burkhard

There is something ODD about this thread! Hmmm, what could it be... I can't seem to put my finger on it... WAIT!!! I figured it out!Nobody is telling Susan to RTFM. Could it be because Susan is a "female"!?! LOL.Sorry folks. I just could not resist a little bit of fun. I am SO used to NOT seeing people react "kindly" when people ask certain quesions.BTW, no offence to anyone. All MD-11 related questions are valid as far as I am concerned.Murray