Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mika

Guest Mika

Hello,first of all thank you very much for this great aircraft!!Unfortunely there a few things that dont work in the way I expected to.1. The speed limit below FL100. I can change it manually in the FMC but it shows no Effect in the flight. For example: if the FMC calculates 275/100 and I overwrite this with 250/100 the aircraft still fly the 275kts below FL100. In the ND the speed it is correct shown as 250/100 but in the PFD the speed-target is 275....?2. Same issue with VAPP. If I overwrite the fmc calculated VAPP because of heavy winds the aircraft still follows the initial calculated VAPP and take no care about the new manualy filled in VAPP.3)If I change the ECON Speed during flight to higher values then it reduces my OPT LVL. Dont know the logic behind this :(4)How can I define wind entries for each waypoint? For example if I want to cross the Atlantic ocean on a NAT and I want to define for every trackpoint the specific wind?So far I tried it in this way: F-PLAN page - VERT REV 2/2 - filled in the specific wind for the choosen waypoint - gone via NEXT to the next waypoint and did it in the same way - the new wind entry overwirtes the one I defined before. This is very strange because sometimes it works for two entries and when I make a third one it again overwrites the two before. The result is that I have the same wind for all waypoints.... Hope you understand what I mean!I found nothing in the FMC manual concerning this item.Thank You very much!Mika

Guest XM DUDE

I wonder if you can just set the speed yourself and bypass that function.Michael Pare.

Guest FrancoisH

For the first three issue, I think there are all related to the same bug... the VAPP one... I think the FMS entry you make are currently ignored. This seems to be a known issue from PMDG as long as they answore me that few days ago.Regards.

Guest Mika

Thank you very much!Hope someone also can help me with issue 4. At this point I

Guest rellehenk

What you are doing is correct. Lateral revision page 2/2 and enter the winds. BUT, don't forget to hit the insert button after EACH entry.

Hi all ,> 1. The speed limit below FL100. I can change it manually in the FMC but it shows no Effect in the flight. For example: if the FMC calculates 275/100 and I overwrite this with 250/100 the aircraft still fly the 275kts below FL100. In the ND the speed it is correct shown as 250/100 but in the PFD the speed-target is 275....?

Guest D17S

Remember too, that the FMS won't let Otto fly the airplane slower than is safe for the existing gross weight/flaps. It's very possible that 250 kts is too slow for Vclean at a heavy GW.

Guest Mika

This is not the "problem". The minum clean speed is calculated with 242kts, so it is not a factor. But nevertheless if your clean speed is above 250kts, the FMS should accept the speed restriction. Then you have to fly the 250kts below FL100 in configuration.To the wind entry issue. The insert push of course is made but nothing change with that problem :(regards,Mika

Mika,1. Speed limit can never be lower that the Vcl (V-climb) value calculated and displayed at the TAKE OFF page (which is not the minimum clean speed). If you manually change the speed limit value the FMS will use the maximum of Vcl and the value you entered. This speed will be applied up to the altitude entered (10,000 ft default). 2. The VAPP issue is a bug indeed, Will be fixed in the next update.3. To answer this I will have to refresh my memomy and/or consult the tables and come back :-)4. CRZ wind forecasts use "propagation", so that even with a simple entry, all CRZ waypoints forecasts are populated. You will notice that some forecasts show with large fornts and some with small. The large are your entries, the small are propageted entries. For example:If you enter 120/55 at FL300 at WP1, then this shows with large font at WP1 and it is assumed it applies for the whole crz phase so it also shows with small font for WP21, WP3, WP4,... etc all the way to the T/D.Now, if you go to WP3 and overwite the FL300 wind forecast with 85/70 you will have:WP1: 120/55 (large fornt)WP2: 120/55 (small font)WP3: 85/70 (large font)WP4: 85/70 (small font)WP..up to T/D: 85/70 (small font)Also note that the altitudes you enter must be the same for all CRZ waypoints. If you change one of them in one waypoint, it will change in all waypoints (propagating the entered wind value, forward and backwards). You can check the result of this in the F-PLN page 2/2. Note that the F-PLN page will not show all the other additional calculations that FMS performs when estimating the wind it applies to predictions (e.g. interpolations, blending with actual wind etc.)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Mika

Thank you very much Michael! But what do I have to do, if I have a speed restriction of 250/10000 by ATC?Can I only fly this speed restriction with manual speed setting at the FCP?Thank you,Mika

Mika, I guess you should inform ATC that you are unable for a 250 restriction. But in any case you can always use manual speed, up to 10,000 ft then press the FMS SPD button to engage FMS speed again.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest rellehenk

Leave the slats extended or inform ATC ;)

Guest Mika

Just checked it out with the wind forecasts.What I have noticed is that my fmc shows not the differents between small and large font. The fonts have all the same size. It makes no difference the fms has made the entries or if I did it myselfe.Anyway, if I use for each entry the same FL then it workes! My mistake was to use different Flight Levels for the wind entries because of a few step climbs This brings me to a new question. How can I put in winds at different FL