Sign in to follow this  
Ephemeral

Texture issues while flying Md-11

I am noticing that sometimes I can see weird textures on water especially during the night. This only occurs while flying the MD-11.I have some pictures attached.Sam

Sam.What kind of rig are you running? OS, Video Card, Ram. My guess would be you're running out of either video ram or system ram. Contact support at;support@precisionmanuals.comwith your specifics.Pete

I dont feel like its a video ram thing as I have 900 mbs of frame buffer on a Geforce 260 card. Additionally I have 2 gigs of system ram.Running XP SP2.The only time I really can see it is when flying over water at night. It doesnt appear to happen during daytime... Mostly just flights over bodies of water during the night.

Can you explain what we're supposed to see in three black pictures? If there's water there somewhere, I for one, can't see it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I had seen the same on my machine with the MD-11, but less severe than yours, only one time. In my machine i had seen it during the sun set, but as im new to FSX i thought that it was normal.

Juan Ramos

I've just posted on the OOM thread: the Bufferpools tip just might help with this issue, too.Here is a cut-and-paste of the important bit, to save you looking it up:"... in my case, I seem to have been able to work around the problem (touch wood) by adding this entry to my FSX.CFG file, as follows:[bufferPools]PoolSize=10000000Previously, I had it set to a much lower figure ..." If you still have trouble, perhaps you should try increasing the PoolSize figure to (say) 50000000 and see if it helps.Tim