Sign in to follow this  
Guest Topy

737ng "Unable next Alt" - Not what you think I guess ...

Guest Topy

Hi everyone,I just got a problem I never met before, flying this beauty for maybe 200 hours now.Departing LFPG FL340 (100% weight capacity on fuel and freight)to EVRA, with this route :NIPOR UH101 RANUX UN858 LIMGO UZ111 AMASI UN858 ESOBU UN746 GUDOP UZ717 BODLA UT705 CHO UL730 BURAN UL733 RANOK UB73 TIGNU UM155 ASKORHaving reached FL340 some long minutes after LFPG, FMC declared "Unable next alt."Strange as I reached top of climb, no strange thing in my route regarding FL.All FL and speeds were deleted in my legs page, unable to go to CRZ page to see what's wrong, and more strange: unable to enter new speed or FL in legs !So I tried to delete all legs, no problem. Things came mad when trying to insert again legs: discontinuities each time I wanted to insert a leg, and 75% of cases: no possibility to insert (FMC does not put it on the legs screen.). And still no speed and FL in legs page.I'm finishing my flight with direct flight ...Your opinion would be most appreciated, like always.Cheers !

Hi Topy,Don't forget to sign with your real name per forum rules;) Now, to your problem, it seems you have some experience with the NG, however, is it possible that you may have forgot to do something like turning on your generators?It seems you have been able to reach your cruise level without any problem, right? Are you sure you are not exceeding your max take-off weight? Did you use the load manager?Does everything look ok on the overhead panel?regards

Guest Topy

Hi,Sorry for forum rules, I correct this immediately.For the problem:- gen were on- I did not use Load Manager, but FS for fuel and FsP for freight, like usual.- all is OK on overhead panel.Thanks for your help.

Emmanuel,Can you recreate the exact situation or did it only happen once?BTW, may I advise using the load manager, it is better and it let's you see all the weights so you don't overload your aircraft.

Guest Topy

I will try to recreate the situation and keep you informed.Thanks !

Emmanuel, if your problem occurs again, get a screen shot of the overhead, CRZ page and PERF INIT page of the FMC, it would give us some clues.Happy landings