Sign in to follow this  
Gumps

MD-11 Autobrakes Engagement Intermittent

I've been trying to sort out why the Autobrake engagement is sporadic on my setup. I'm hoping by comparing notes, someone might be able to shed further light on this issue. First, here's my config:WinXP Home - FSX Deluxe SP1 running full screen mode - CH Fighterstick/Throttle Quad/Pro Pedals and CH Manager - C2D E6700/GE8800GTS etc.I've read with interest the post on "Landing Roll Out", but am not convinced yet that FSUIPC is necessarily the answer for me. I've experimented with an autoland scenario and an RTO scenario tweaking the various parameters along the way. While the null zone is often singled out as a potential source for this problem, I've moved the FS null zone values all the way to the right, and had autobrakes NOT work (autospoilers do deploy each time). Conversely, I've moved the null zones to zero, and even induced a slight offset (brake applied), and the autobrakes DID work. So whatever is going on, the null zone does not appear to be the issue.Spiking of the pots might be suspected. I suppose that could be, though when I observe the axis values they appear stable.I'm hesitant to try FSUIPC...looks like a significant amount of reprogramming, and at this point, I can't see how it would help. Dunno.I do wonder about FS SP2. I've not loaded it because of the associated full screen menu problem. I don't recall the ever being solved. I wonder if this could have any bearing on any of this. (??)Question: For those that have no issues, if you advance the throttles and initiate an RTO (with the speedbrake lever and autobrakes armed of course), using reverse thrust or not depending on speed above or below 80 kts, and come to a stop - disarm autobrakes and spoiler - rearm spoiler and autobrakes - can you initiate another RTO successfully? Will the autobrakes activate again on the second RTO?In summary, the evidence from my troubleshooting doesn't seem to point me in a clear direction, other than I suspect this aspect of the aircraft may be a bit temperamental. I can have a successful deployment, end that flight, reload the approach - taking care not to touch the rudder pedals/brakes, and on the next autoland...no autobrakes. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.Noel W in Brisbane

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Hi Noel ,me one too , that not knows what goeing one with Autoland and Autobrakes ?At this time i had about 7 landings with Glideand one off them i saw the Autbrakes work ; i didn`t even know what i have done other here as by the other landings.I did one thing that i know so far what i have not donein the other landings : About at 2000 feet sinking with Glidei just checked Anti-Skid to off and back to on and my spoilers where out full and it worked ; an other time not.........stupid but curios whats going on there ?I allways watched my throttle lever is to zero and don`t touch the brakesbut no matter off that, Autobrakes dosen`t work that good here.....cheersMario

Thanks for that feedback Mario.For what it's worth, I did successfully upgrade my server (I'm using multiple CPU's and WidevieW) to FSX SP2...and am fortunate not to have encountered the CTD bug associated with using the menus in Full Screen. Nvidia card and all. Whew! One must relish even small victories.Regarding my question in the post above - I'm starting to think you get one autobrake event per flight, an RTO (but not two), or a landing autobrake application. If someone knows differently, please advise. Unfortunately, I'm not getting any on most flights.Noel W

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold