Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

Dual screen for FS2002 help needed.

Hey guys.Today I got meself a second monitor.Now I want to use this monitor with FS2002 dual screen.you know, the flightdeck on one and the FMC and Pedestal on the other.Now can anyone tell me how to connect these two monitor to the computer and let them work with FS2002 ?? what do i need and what do i need to do ???Help is reallllllly appreciated.Kind regardsG.

Howdy KLM767,Connecting two computers together is fairly simple assuming you have Win98 or better. You need another video card that is a PCI card, it doesn't have to be a 3D card just any 2D card that is a PCI card,(another 3D card will work, just is not necessary). If you have an old card laying arouond doing nothing, use it, or buy the cheapest card you can find. Now pop it into your computer and hook up your second monitor. You can use up to 9 monitors however you need a seperate video card for each monitor.Once you have the card in and the second monitor connected Windows will find the second monitor when you boot up and give you a message on the second monitor to the effect that it is working and to configure the monitor to work. To do this right click an empty space on the desk top, click properties then click settings. You should see two monitors on the dialogue box. Check the box at the lower left that says, "Extend my desktop unto this monitor". Then move the second monitor that is shown in the dialogue box to the same position that your second monitor is occupying. Or in other words if your second monitor is on your left, move the monitor in your dialogue box to the left of your primary monitor. Now click apply, and you should see your desktop extended onto the second monitor. To move anything onto your second monitor, merely drag and drop it onto the second monitor. At first just move your cursor over there, if you have set it up correctly the cursor should move right over to the second monitor.To put anything from the flight sim over there, you must first undock the window before you can move it. For example in flight sim bring up the radio stack, right click the radio stack and then click undock window. Now just grab the window by the blue border at the top hold down your mouse button and drag it to the second monitor and drop it. You can move this dropped window anywhere, resize it, or whatever. If you close the window it should reopen right where you dropped it.Hope this is clear and helps,http://members.cox.net/wb5okj/sig500gp.jpgP.S. Make sure you have the drivers for your second video card installed. If both of your cards are nVidia cards the second card will use the same drivers the primary monitor is using, for example, in my case I use an nVidia G2 64GTS/PRO AGP as my primary, and for the secondary I use a Vanta PCI card. Both of these cards use the nVidia drivers so the Vanta will use the newest nVidia drivers with out a problem.

In addition to the excellent advice above, keep in mind that some cards (such as Geforce 4 TI 4600) will allow you to attach two monitors to that one card. These cards work well with virtually no performence loss whereby one monitor is used to display outside 3D image and the other for 2D image, such as gauges, fs navigator, GPS etc.

Wauw Great information Donald.That clears up a lot :)Your large and precise email is really appreciated.gonna try it later this afternoon, I still have an old card lying around.Thanks and kind regardsG.

Thats what im running for my dual monitor setup on my rig. Works fantastic!That card does it all. Plus it even has a built in video capture, im using it to make movies of my gaming and flying, works fantastic, but the card is still a little pricey, but well worth it considering what you can do with it and no performance hit.P4 2.2Asus P4S533 M/B512 PC2700Xtasy G/F4 Ti 4600 128 DDRXp Home (Clean Install)Ed:-beerchug

You can get the geforce ti 4200 really good card for the price its only 150 usd go to www.pricewatch.com to look for good prices :) you can hook up 2 monitors to the same card pluse for the price its not bad performance wise i love my 4200 :)

Guest rcritz

I haven't figured out how to get one screen in 3D while the other is in 2D and be able to move the cursor from one to the other.How'd you do that (on the GF4 Ti4600)?cz

Here is a link to a post on this forum, (just a bit below us now), that explains how to do this with the Twinview GeForces. In fact the name of this post is Setting up Nvidia Twinview How to do it.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/8229.htmlI don't yet have a G4 but this post does a better job than I could if I did. :D