Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

[MD11] Weight and Balance

Hi Guys:Ideally, i would like a response from someone at PMDG as i would like to ensure that we are 100% correct on this matter...Could i have the following for all of the variations please and in Kg's?Dry Operating WeightMaximum Zero Fuel WeightMaximum TakeOff WeightMaximum Landing WeightMaximum Possible Fuel LoadCeiling (MAX)Pax (MAX)Average Taxi Fuel BurnClimb Speed / Mach Crossover PointDescent Speed / Mach Crossover PointEquipment Codes (ie 747 is i think something like SPIRWXY) what would the MD11 be in the config you have given us?I'm working on some performance Data and so would like the answer 'from the horses mouth' so to speak to ensure that i am not dealing with any spurious data. Many thanks in advanceCheersPaul

>> Dry Operating WeightFCOM L.00.2 - Minimum Flight Weight: 257,000 lbs.>> Maximum Zero Fuel WeightFCOM L.00.2 - 461,300 lbs>> Maximum TakeOff WeightFCOM L.00.2 - 630,500 lbs>> Maximum Landing WeightFCOM L.00.2 - 491,500 lbs>> Maximum Possible Fuel Load256,200 lbs>> Ceiling (MAX)FL430>> Pax (MAX)322 (mixed-config), 408 (high density)>> Average Taxi Fuel Burn1500 lbs.>> Climb Speed / Mach Crossover PointClimb Speed: Determined by FMS CI; around 280-300 kts/Mach 0.75+.Cross-over: Mach is temperature dependent - it's where-ever Mach and IAS correlate.>> Descent Speed / Mach Crossover PointMach 0.75/280 kts according to the manuals; see climb above.I don't like to say it, but read the manuals. ;) Lots of info you'll need in there.Best regards,Robin.

Quote; Robin> ...I don't like to say it, but read the manuals. ;) Lots of info you'll need in there...Quote; Paul> ...I would like to hear 'straight from the horses mouth' so to speak so as to ensure that i am not working from any spurious data...;) Robin: I appreciate your point, but we all know that whats in the manual and what may be coded into FS are, on occasion, two entirely different things. I am very much aware that the manuals are indeed extremely useful, and i have read them cover to cover as well as kept them handy on each flight for those occasions when i need to look into a question that i or another forum user is having...I appreciate that it is a rare occasion that PMDG would screw something like that up. but as i said, i wanted to ENSURE that i am not working with spurious data.The only people who can truly answer that question with 100% certainty are Michael, Robert and Bill. Hence my request that someone from PMDG answered the post...Also, often in the Aviation world, Kg values are not necessarily a direct lbs to kgs conversion, the numbers are often rounded up or down, hence my request for Kg'sCheersPaul

May I ask why you need to be so precise? I doubt PMDG will tell you anything different.Best regards,Robin.

>May I ask why you need to be so precise? You may. I am getting Flight Operations Centre to update their MD11 performance tables with the appropriate data that is PMDG specific. Their Performance Data has been very accurate thus far, but to tighten that up, the exact data from PMDG will improve accuracy >I doubt PMDG will tell you anything different.Neither do i. However the point of the post is to ascertain that.CheersPaul

Hi Paul, good to read that you will do a FOC file for the MD11. I for now use the Swiss MD11 included in FOC with a BIAS of 1110, which is proven by me on long flights like EDDP-KJFK or EDDP-OAKB in the pax version. But to have a PMDG file will be a very great thing. Please inform us when you have it ready to use !! GreetingsSteffen

>Hi Paul, >good to read that you will do a FOC file for the MD11. I for>now use the Swiss MD11 included in FOC with a BIAS of 1110,>which is proven by me on long flights like EDDP-KJFK or>EDDP-OAKB in the pax version. But to have a PMDG file will be>a very great thing. Please inform us when you have it ready to>use !! >>Greetings>>Steffen>Steffen,i ve just finished a MD 11 profile with GE engines and LBS datas but i dont have too the PMDG weights ...!!!see youPhilippeHere s a sample.will release it very soon ...BAW0033 08.10.25 MD11-GE-LBS PAXE EGKKTAPA.002 SEQ004 RLS000 WARNINGS :- ZFW reduced, Limited Zero Fuel Weight.- THIS ROUTE IS BASED ON CYCLE DATE 200509 : ACTUALLY 200810 IN USE!FUEL CALCULATION: ALL IN LB*1000 WEIGHT/FUEL BREAK DOWN: ALL IN LB BIAS 1000 ZFW 400000 400000 TAXI 1,60 TOF 165993 258721 TAPA 135,99 08.00 TOW 565993 602500 RR20 6,80 00.24 TIF 135993 TBPB* 12,92 00,49 FL240 LW 430000 430000 FR 5,60 00.30 REM 30000 CF 0,00 HF 0,00 AIRPORTS: ALL IN LB*1000 TFFF* 9,00 9,00 FL140 MIN 162,91 09,43 ADD 4,68 ACT 167,59 NOTES :- CALCULATED HIGHER OF 1ST AND 2ND ALTERNATE- UWX DATA FILES IN USE : 20081025.12U / 20081025.18U- AC TYPE NON STOPS/EROPSRTE VIA : SAM2M-SAM / UN866-QPR / UN472-LAPEX / UN470-SEPAL / DCT-4515N / DCT-4220N / DCT-3630N / DCT-2840N / DCT-2350N / DCT-1860N / (D07-ANU)DIST 3693 GCI 104 CP H009 ESAD 3774 CRSM NCR FLIGHT PROFILE :LARSI/F330 - 2350N/F350 ************************************************************* !!! NOT FOR REAL FLIGHTS OR NAVIGATION - INFORMATION ONLY !!! *************************************************************

Hi Steffen:I have been using the FOC MD11PW which is based on the swissair variant, all i needed the weight data for was so that Urs could give us a PMDG specific set of weight limits...The MD11 in FOC already seems to be performing quite well otherwise....CheersPaul