Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

Installing the 4gb Patch (better instructions please.

Hi everyone,I have been bale to install the 4gb patch with the utility supplied by ntcore.The problem is, I am unable add the following line as directed in the PMDG MD11 Introduction. I am using vista 32 and am unable to find any thing that remotely looks like what is in the intro. Please see below i have copied directly from the intro:"NEXT, YOU SHOULD RIGHT CLICK ON MY COMPUTER AND SELECTED PROPRTIES/ADVANCED/SETTINGS/EDIT.FIND THE LINE THAT READS:multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XPProfessional 3GB" /fastdetect/NoExecute=OptlnAdd the following line immediately fllowing:/3GBReboot the machine"The above appears to be for Windows XP. What should i do as a Vitsa 32 user?As the above does not apply to meMany thanks,NicholasBB

Guest D17S

Here, try this: *******************Courtesy of NickN's guide on Simviation:WINDOWS VISTA 32BIT ONLY:1. Open a command prompt with Administration rights. You find the command prompt box under "Programs-Accessories-Command prompt"2. Right Click the command prompt and select "run as administrator".3. Enter in the box at the prompt: (copy/paste if you wish)bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560and press enter4. RebootTO set that back to default in VISTA just start the command line prompt with Admin right again and type:bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2048Hit enter and rebootMake sure you have the VISTA updates from Windows Update installed that address out of memory errors too.http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1188591122As long as you have Vista up to date with Windows update... or SP1 for Vista installed, you should already have those patches