Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

Extinguishment of Warning displays?

Guest Susan27

Hi,I prepared to take off for some traffic pattern around the Apt (therefore FMS isnt filled out completely). Now - after engine startup - I get those warning messages on the display:1) What is the the correct name for this display with the warning messages below?2) Why is the warning display "Brake" displayed here at the center of the display? And what do I have to do in order that the display will extinguish...?3) And why is "No Smoking" & "Seat Belts" are displayed in blue letters at the right side of the display? On the overhead-panel the switches for "No Smoking" & "Seat Belts" are both in "Auto" Positions...? What do I have to do in order that both displays will extinguish...?Here is the situation: :)fms776sj.jpg

Guest wyldmagik

your not configured thats why.with some guessing as I cant be 100% at this time,try parking brakes off, spoiler armed.... and the seatbelt signs etc are there as an informative thing not a warning. your main concern is the yellow "config" warning.The tutorial explains the brake msg and when its a white box a green good to go box, etc.. give it another read through and you will be sorted.

Guest Susan27

Thanks for your answer! :)Well, to arm spoilers for take-off is completely new for me...are you sure that this is the correct procedure...? Bytheway the "Brake" Msg doesnt go out when Spoilers are armed for takeoff...You are right with the yellow "Config" warning, thats the most serious issue: Could it be that the yellow "Config" msg extinguish when *all* data is filled out in the FMC, as I said I just want to do some patterns over the field for practicing...? :)Thanks again!

Susan.The brake issue is from Your parkingbrake. Release parkingbrake, and "brake" is gone. The same goes for "config".It all means, that the plane is not ready/in right configuration for takeoff.Helmut MadsenSAS660

Guest Susan27

Thanks Helmut, you were absolutely right, both messages "disappeared"...Have a nice sunday! :)

Hi,BLUE messages are informational (e.g. Signs ON).The Box with |BRAKE| is a takeoff (or landing) config check. It is white with the item to check written within. There is an order of precedence so multiple messages will occur in a specific order.IIRC the major items are (in order they'd appear in the box):* BRAKE* SLATS* FLAPS* SPOILERIf the above are satisfied for the phase of flight, the box is empty and turns GREEN.Best regards,Robin.

Arming spoilers on T/O was new for me too but that way they deploy in case of a abort T/O as well as autobrakes. Just one more thing that is completely different on the MD-11

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Susan,I don't under-estimate your flying capability, but for this type of aircraft it needs a lot of manual reading too.Apart from that:Opt for a carreer as Quizmaster as well! Your talented!Regards,Harry