Sign in to follow this  
Guest santaliln

MD-11 NAV "unserviceable"

Guest santaliln

Hi there.I recently bought the wonderful md11 by PMDG and in the time being i'm studying on it.So I tried twice to do the tutorial flight, following strictly the instructions given and after takeoff, after either NAV mode and autoflight are armed the airplane keep going straight and doesn't follow the azimuthal profile. She holds 6000 ft as i set in the FCP, she is in autoflight mode but NAV button become unselectable, i have to continuosly push it and it continuosly disconnects.Why?

Guest santaliln

yeah, i pressed it, in fact, the aircraft follows the vertical profile as well as the speed limits, just she goes straight ahead and doesn't do any turn.In the Display i see NAV ARMED when on the ground but, once airborne, i see HDG 275 (i.e.) and it's impossible to select NAV mode.

Guest JHellz

can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?John

Guest KSTLFF

It sounds like it is trying to fly your heading bug. From what you have said it sounds like you are following procedure. But try and push the HDG dial and look at your display, you should see it switch from HDG to NAV 1....Let us know it that helps. Also, if she is meeting altitudes and speeds, than autoflight is working, push the hdg button and you should fly your fligh plan.Good Luck!!

Guest santaliln

thank you Brett.I tried to press the HDG button but in that the plane holds current heading.As soon the airplane takes off, the "NAV ARMED" message on the display becomes HDG XXX(current track).On the manual it's written that the fms can disconnect nav mode but i'm following procedures and the flight plan is the tutorial one with the suggested sid so i can't figure what should be the reason for disconnecting nav mode

Hi,On the middle FMA you might be seeing "PROF ARMED" written above "HEADING". Until you fly an intercept track to the flight plan, PROFILE will NOT engage.Best regards,Robin.

Guest santaliln

yes i know, more or les as in the maddog, but if the track is the sid itself, i should intercept it as soon as airborne, shouldn't i?