Sign in to follow this  
Robinnn

FSX doesn't respont for 8 minutes

Goodday,Last friday i flew from Miami to Amsterdam with PMDG MD11. A friend of my also flew with me.When we were flying fsx didn't respont for about 8 minutes, that 5 times. Every time 8 minutes exactly.After the 8 minutes FSX continue his flight.We both have a very good system to run FSXIntel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2,40Ghz3.00 GBNvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MBWindows Home Premium SP1If i fly with the PMDG 747 i also got the same problem.Does anybody have a solution for this?Robin

virus scanner running?Sign your post with your real name please, forum rules. :)

Hi:Firstly, if we could have a real name that would help us all feel like we are talking to a real person. However if you were actually named UberScary at birth, then my apologies ;)Are you running any other software at the same time? ASX, VATSpy etc...And is it on the same machine, or another talking via simconnect / WideFS....CheersPaul

When i fly i run:IVAEIVAP ofcourceActive sky XFSacarsTrack Ir 4 ProMSNInternet explorerSomething i forgot to tell.Last week i flew 3 other long hauls, and on final approach 1000ft i got a fatall error. that really sucks.But are those programms maybe conflicting with FSX?RobinEDIT: This is a report of the fatall eror.It's in Dutch, i try to transalate is.ProductMicrosoft

I'm as far from a techie as you can find, but have you set FS for "run as administrator"? You'll need to go to your C drive (or whatever drive your programs are located in), right click on any and all flight sim programs you'll use (FS, Squawkbox, Active Sky X, etc) and choose "run as administrator". I was having many of the same problems you were experiencing, but they rarely if ever appear now. Just dont ask me why "run as admin" does what it does, because I have no idea. I just read about it in another forum. Hopefully your system wont "werkt niet meer"By the way...I don't have the MD-11, but I've had that problem with both the PMDG 747-400X as well as the default MSFS aircraft while flying VFR.RonPS...Now if Squawkbox can only find a way to fix that frustrating runtime debug error that's causing FSX to crash!!

Oke thankyou very muts sir. This is the first thing i try tomorrow, now its almost 12 o clock, i go to my bed :)

Hey!!!I have the same problem!! FSX does not respond for 8 minutes and then continues normaly. My FSX installation is very normal, this is what i have: Flytampa TNCM, pmdg MD-11, Activesky X, world-of-ai, editvoicepack X. other then that, all is default.My flights are very short (MDPP-TNCM,450nm) and i have this problem in each of those 450nm flights. i dont have any other addon airplane, so i don't know if this happen with another plane too.

Juan Ramos

Heey, Today i try to do it as 'Run as administator'Yesterday before i saw that message is flew ELLX(Luxembourg) to EHAM(Amsterdam) that is 200nm an on that flight i got the same problem. I'm now going to try with 'Run as administrator' I hope that will workRobin Cornelissen

Im running FSX without UAC activated and using an administrator account, and i got the problem every time. Try to run FSX without Activesky. i will try to see if that solves the problem.

Juan Ramos

Oke i now fly 'Run as administrator' and it works :).Just on FSX right mouse butten - Run as administrator. It doesn't freeze anymore :DThankyouCheers,Robin Cornelissen

Robin,Glad I could help. I'm guessing from your earlier posts that you're Dutch, so you can buy me a Heineken next time you see me.Ron