Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Help for start up the B747

Hi There,I am new to the B747, and I just wanted to know, to start up from Cold and dark, all my front display remain black after I power up, having the EXT power or the APU GEN on, my display in the EICAS still black.Can you please adv what am I missing?.I am following the check list, and still no go. Is there a click on the panel that I have to do to see the display.Thanks

Guest KSTLFF

I know nobody likes to hear this, but try to do a full unistall with the pmdg uninstall tool and reinstall it. That might fix your problem.Wish I had a better solution for you. Good luck.

Thank you for you reply, I did that, when I start the plane without dark and cold, all is fine, and the engines are running, however if I go the cold and dark, it doesn't want to come to life?

Any one else to help, I have removed the 747 3 times and reinstall, and no luck, I cannot find in the documentation a step by step to power up.Thanks for any help guys.Hani

Guest hangar744

Hi Hani,you might wanna take a look here:http://precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/docs.html747-400 Type Rating Lesson 1 is the cure for you.I think in this document they explain it in nutshells how to bring her alive. Good luck, and keep us informed if you managed to establish electrical power.sincerely,delcom

Hi Delcom,Thanks for your suggestion, however, I still have a problem I followed the steps to the letter, and still no go, as per the manual, when you have power, either it is external or via the GPU as per the normal procedure doc page 5-3 after putting the stand by power to AUTO, my PFD/ND and upper EICAS should come to live. Mine is still black, I cannot see anything. Any help on thisThanksHani

Guest hangar744

Hi Hani,a screenshot of your overhead panel would be handy.regards,delcom

Hi Delcom,I was wrong, 100%, I managed to get it to work now, all is fine.I appreciate your help. I read the lesson again, and now all is fine.Thanks a lotHani

Guest hangar744

And there's also some info about electrical power in the PMDG AOM 11 Aircraft Systems starting on page 12.good luck,delcom

Guest hangar744

I'm glad you've got it working.have fun,delcom