Sign in to follow this  
Guest swanrunner

MD11 Approach Mode on Navigation Display

Guest swanrunner

On an ILS App with Appr mode selected on the Navigation Display I only have Localizer indications showing and have to look at the Primary Display for Glide Slope indicater. On the 747 I get Localizer and Glide Slope indications on both displays when in Appr mode. I have not found anything in the manual to explain if this is normal for the MD11 Navigation Display. Anyone have an explanation for this.Thanks John S

Hi John S,Think about what you want to see during approach.Next think about where this is available.One of the screens is called the Primary Flight Display.Whats in the name? Its in the name.Regards,Harry

>On an ILS App with Appr mode selected on the Navigation>Display I only have Localizer indications showing and have to>look at the Primary Display for Glide Slope indicater. On the>747 I get Localizer and Glide Slope indications on both>displays when in Appr mode. I have not found anything in the>manual to explain if this is normal for the MD11 Navigation>Display. Anyone have an explanation for this.>>Thanks John SI see everything I need to complete an ILS approach in that picture...Paul

Guest swanrunner

I realize everything is there and I can get glide slope indications on the the left display. I am just trying to point out that there is only a CDI localizer on the right display even when selecting appr mode display. On the 747-400 you get both localizer and glide slope indicaters on both displays in appr display mode.John S

That's a 747...This is a MD-11...Two totally different planes with different systems.Don't assume that because it's modeled in FSX by the same company that the planes will be identical :)You couldn't compare a 747 and a MD11 in the real world either. It's got more in common with a MD80 than a 747. :)

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest swanrunner

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted know that this is the normal navigation display on the MD11 when in appr mode and I was not doing something wrong. I could not find any thing in the manual and having a real world IFR rating I get really "techie" about such things.John S