Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

MD11: ND - Blue line: RMI indicator?

Guest Susan27

On the ND there is this blue-line, is this the RMI-display/indicator for the entered VOR?isxw2lgq.jpgThanks very much! :)

Yes for VOR1.Susan, do not take this in the wrong way but I see several different posts regarding basic functions of the airplane. Yes this plane model is the most automated FS addon ever BUT still a little knowledge is required. After all it is not just a pretty visual coupled with a foobar glass cockpit doing nothing. It is a full sim on top of a sim. You cannot simply "kick the tires and light the fires" .All your questions are covered in great detail in the manual or here for an appetiser/shortcut : http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_MD-11_FAQEvery time you wonder what this or that is jump to the appropriate chapter. That's what I do as well :)===================================== E M V Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

I'll second that - Susan, you have many well-phrased and polite questions which makes me wonder if you've noticed the FCOM manual, the FMS manual, the system guide and the introduction/tutorial all located in the PMDG folder in your FSX install directory.You continually ask questions to which there are answers in the supplied documents.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Susan,You must realize that the PMDG MD11 is a HIGHLY sophisticated simulation. RW pilots put lots of time and effort into studying the manuals before ever setting foot inside a simulator. We have the luxury of flying and reading the manuals. Without reading the included documentation, you will NEVER be able to operate the MD11 with any degree of proficiency.I know how exciting it is to fly, but I strongly recommend that before you do any more flights, you take the time to read the documentation included with the product.paul

Paul,'I know how exciting it is to fly, but I strongly recommend that before you do any more flights, you take the time to read the documentation included with the product.'Simply...well put!I am not even flying the thing (FS9 only) & I have found it fascinating nonetheless!Happy ReadingSteve Bhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/1020636/523.png

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'