Sign in to follow this  

A word to fellow Luddites concerning the A320 Professio

Guest The Ancient Brit

The A320 Professional can

The bearded captain didnt flew it by keyboard.. :-)Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!

Hi Denis,Surely with the panel configuration utility supplied you can fly this bus with the keyboard? You can re-configure nearly every panel function to a key press. You may have to sacrifice a few standard FS keys but I am sure there is plenty you don't use. Just a thought.Andy (YSCB)

Guest The Ancient Brit

A reply from Johan no less, now I know I am in good company. Remember me from the days when I did a couple of fuel runs for you when you first began to work on the 747 air file back in the days of FS98? Capt Tarmac sang the praises of your air file to the skies, but gave us equal credit for it although of course you had done 99.999% of the work, my contribution being only those fuel runs. That was embarrassing until he corrected his mistake.I could of course try fitting a small discrete joystick to the arm of my chair, now that would be realistic and Airbus style as well. Although as a virtual pilot I fly Boeing exclusively I have a soft spot for the Airbus having in real life worked on both the A300 and A310.I would like to write plans for the A320 since it is a medium size aircraft and could be weaved through mountain peaks and along valleys easier than say the 767PIC. Highly unrealistic I grant you, but I know there is an interest in plans that concentrate on the Wow factor and go for the cheap thrill. With that in mind and now that you are here, can you tell me if there is a limit to the number of waypoints the MCDU will accept and if so what is the limit (FS2K2 has no limit). I have asked this question twice in the PSS support forum, but it was never answered.Andy,According to the Avsim review the panel configuration utility does not work with Windows XP and of course that is what I am running. I might just reinstall the A320 and see if I can work around this no keyboard problem somehow because the little I saw of the A320 during the short time it was on my system, I liked. I wonder if it is possible to fiddle with the trim so it would takeoff and climb to the point where the autopilot would take command?Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Hi,So many names these days, I tend to forget a lot of them. Somewhere I have saved a lot of the messages of the old Q&A forum.. and I will look them up again.I shall ask the max number of waypoints to the programmer.. please help me remind!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!

Hi Denis,It seems strange that it won't run in XP? Have you tried running it in 98 compatability mode? Just another thought.Andy

Guest Flyingdutchman

Hi DenisWith a joystick you can fly much more precise than with the keyboard. You can make beautiful turns, and the buttons on the the stick are always handy.But you can also use the stick for other simulators (if you have them?) And it gives a little bit of more 'realism' to fly the sim.I also have a joystick and it's really great fun!! I don't want to miss it anymore!!BTW Johan!!!! nice sig :D hehe klm is good :)Regards,Evert

Confirming that the PSS A320 Panel Config does not work in XP (tried 98/ME(!) compatability mode too).Andy