Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShaneRay

[MD-11] A few issues.

Guest ShaneRay

Hey, everyoneI have a few issues, but nothing that's preventing me from enjoying the learning of this sim...1) I doesn't appear that the PMDG menu is keeping my settings. As an example, I just purchased FS2Crew for the MD-11. When I deselct the option for PMDG's FO callouts, it does not work-- they continue. I believe this may be the "only" issue with this as I seem to recall the changes I made for the tutorial flight stuck. Anyone else have any issues with this?2) Panel Lighting. The flood lighting looks horrible--very blocky. The best wasy to describe it is to picture a translucent honeycomb placed over the panels. 3) VC Fonts. I know this has been discussed and addressed, so the only reason I bring it up is to ask if (2) above is related to this?4) Widescreen mode. I have a sense that these aren't taking effect when selected. I say "sensed" as the cockpit CRTs seem a liitle streched, but nothing else appears that way. Plus, I've just looked at a screenshot of the 2d from the CO's viewpoint: It showed 4 CRTs where I only see 3. I'll post a couple of screen shots if need be, as I really have nothing to compare it against myself to be sure...I could very well be seeing things :)All in all, nothing major at all. I'm having a great time with the plane :)ShaneFSX SP2Dell XPS 420Q6600, Vita 32, 4GB RAM w/3gb switchnVidia 8800GT (512MB) latest drivers.24inch monitor @ 1920x1200(everthing runs very smooth)

Guest ShaneRay

Sorry to reply to my own thread, but as always seems to happen, I discovered the answer to one of my questions as soon as I posted...For the widescreen issue, It was because I was not running the load manager as Admin. I should have thought of that...sorry!Thanks...Shane

>3) VC Fonts. I know this has been discussed and addressed, so>the only reason I bring it up is to ask if (2) above is>related to this?Are you talking about the antialiasing problem with the fonts in the vc?? "discussed and addressed"?? Where can i find the fix?? can someone post the link?

Juan Ramos

Guest ShaneRay

Sorry, Juan.What I meant was that PMDG knew of the problem as was looking into it...Shane.