Sign in to follow this  
Guest fbasili

MD11 - Fuel policy

Guest fbasili

After four long-haul flight I have some doubt about MD11 fuel policy.I have planned flight fuel to land with 6 or 5 tons, but every time during flight FMC display messages "INSUFFICIENT FUEL". Have any suggestion about this problem?Regards

Hi,I'm having fuel/CoG problems, could I ask what method you use to determine how much fuel is required for your flight?Regards,

Guest fbasili

I'm using FOC (Flight Operation Center). It's a hight level flight Planning application.Regards

I use Flightsim Commander to plan my flights. FSC calculates the fuel quantities for the entered flightplan, even fuel to an alternative airport. I can't recommend this program highly enough.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Thanks guys! :)Both look good, but FS Commander looks like it might be what I'm after.Sorry about hijacking the thread, I hope you don't mind.Regards,

Guest fbasili

Maybe I should resolve my problem reading Flight Management System Manual from page 31 to 42. It explain fuel management in Weight Init FMS page.thanks

Hi fbasili - you should sign your posts with your name, its not only nicer to adress you, but it is forum rule ...I created my own flt plan tool on excel basis. On todays flt from KJFK to EDDK it was planned for Time : 07:24Trip fuel : 59,45% Cont fuel : 3,0Altn : 1,7 ( EDDL )Final res. 30 mins : 3,9Min Ldg. fuel : 3,5 ( not incl. in endurance )Min T/O fuel : 71,5plus extra and taxiPlanned to arr in EDDK with 13,7It came out as follows:Time 07:36 ( winds on the atlantic way off, as usual ... )arrived with 12,65 or 6 tons as arrival fuel is rather low ...If anyone is interested in this tool - you need to know something about EXCEL ! - just send me an e-mail and I will send it. Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

>I use Flightsim Commander to plan my flights. FSC calculates>the fuel quantities for the entered flightplan, even fuel to>an alternative airport. I can't recommend this program highly>enough.>>AndrewHey there,I have been using this program to and my husband (a commercial airline pilot for BA) informs me that the program is recommending to much fuel

It is only a guide. Fuel the plane and check the landing weight via MDCU. If it is too heavy reload the fuel amount with a lower quantity. This is not real world aviation and we have the ability with the push of a key to adjust fuel quantities. I have had situations on a flight where the landing weight was correct at takeoff but mid flight due to tail wind the plane landing weight was too high. Solution- dump fuel. Wouldn't happen in real life but that's the great thing about flightsim.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Looks interesting, what data are the calculations based on? the FCOM?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi,Been playing with FS Commander(trial version), and it's quoting me 21000kg of fuel for my planned flight (EGCC-ESSA). I can't seem to find an MD-11 in the list of aircraft, so I left it on the default plane which I believe is the PMDG 747.Does 21000kg sound right for this flight? If not, what amount should I be loading?Thanks,

Hi,coming back on my little tool - I already have one for the 737 and for the 747 - both based on manuals and in case of 737 on a real world flight pln.Same allpies for the MD11 - I have a RW flight plan for the MD11F, and now I am "flight testing" the results of my calculations...Basis is a "factor" where I calculate the sector FF in relation to inflight weight - this gives me the reduction of FF to the IFW!Same I am doing with the climb and desc portions.Last flight from KJFK to EDDT calculations as follows:eTime 06:52 act time was 06:44 ( again winds ...)Calc fuel burn was 55.4 actual 54.8 - not bad for only 6 flights yet with this new tool...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest fbasili

>>If anyone is interested in this tool - you need to know>something about EXCEL ! - just send me an e-mail and I will>send it.Hi Karl, could you send me excel tool? My e-mail franco.basili@libero.itThank you very much indeed.Franco Basili

The fms does fine for me. I allow for about 30,000lbs in reserves. Is this what you all leave.

I'm still getting the same strange problem every time I plan a flight with MD11. I'm sure to have the exact fuel quantity, checked properly during planning phase, but I always get INSUFCCIENT FUEL.

I planned an EFHK-VIDP with 52300 KG, and in RSV FUEL I put 2.6. In PROG PAGE at VIDP I read 8.6.

So, what's INSUFFICIENT FUEL continue to appear?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270