Sign in to follow this  
roarkv

ILS course?

Have anyone experienced problems with the preselected CRS in the FMC DES page and the programmed ILS approach is way-off the airports real ILS approach? (3rd part software etc.?)What do you do with this?regardsRoar

In the 747, you always want to set the CRS to the value provided by the navdata to prevent an error message.The different courses for a localizer are usually due to different magnetic declinations over time. The MSFS data seems like it is a decade old, but the navdata is updated every 28-56 days.The good news for localizers is that the only difference it makes is on the APPR mode display, and what value will make the course line line up top to bottom... otherwise, a localizer has no course selection. It is a beam that provides one center line along a region between two amplitude modulated signals, regardless of the course setting in the cockpit. Not at all like a VOR that has 360 courses.

Dan Downs KCRP

thank you for your answer!But do you know why I get an error message in the FMC PMDG737 trying to do an autoland (APP MODE WITH TWO AP ENGAGED) RWY 01L ESSA with RWY EXT 01L 20.0 NM creating a fix RX-01L? error message: EFIS/NAV DISAGREEHowever - I did not have this error in the PSS A330-300. regardsRoar

That is the error message I referred to earlier, when I recommended setting the CRS knob to whatever value the FMS provides rather than what is in the scenery file. This value should show up on the upper left of the PFD, or you can see it on the APPR page. Setting the CRS to the same value as in the navdata will remove the message, and that is the only effect other than slightly rotating the compass rose on the HSI display when the ND is in APPR mode.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your answer. Why does this error only appear in the PMDG737 and not in the PSS A330-300 (same AIRAC 0811). regardsRoar