Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

MD11 Panel problems

Just a small panel problem.When I click on 'SD' I get the two windows opening, which I think are the SD and CP (I could be wrong). But when I click on 'SD' again, only one panel closes and the other remains open. It is the SD panel that remains open (ie, the display panel) and the only way to close it is to right click on the edge of it and choose the close open. Shouldn't both panels open and close together when using the 'SD' clickspot?ThxPod

Bill Miller

Pod?If you mouse click on the button on the glareshield below the PNL/FLOOD switch which says "SD" (with a underline, and below that the icon of earphones), you WILL see the (1.) Systems Display Display Unit (SD DU), (2.) the Systems Display Control Panel (SDCP), and (depending on which page is displayed on the SD), (3.) the corresponding control panel from the overhead panels (i.e. HYDRAULICS page -> HYD control panel). Now, if you mouse click again on that "SD" button, all three panels will disappear. If, however, you click on the 'X' in the upper left corner of the SDCP, only the SDCP and the SD DU will disappear, leaving the overhead panel for the SD page that was showing (i.e. HYD control panel if the HYDRAULICS page was showing). If you click on the 'X' of the overhead control panel (HYD panel), then only the overhead control panel will disappear, leaving the SDCP and the SD DU.Therefore, if you want ALL three panels to be removed at the same time, click on the "SD" button on the glareshield. Bill

Thank you Bill.However, when I click on the 'SD' clickspot, only the SDCP and whatever corresponding control panel from the overhead panel disappears. The SD DU remains and cannot be closed by clicking the SD clickspot.I guess I am only left with the option of a re-installation.Renzo (aka Pod)

Bill Miller

Renzo,Before re-install please check the PMDG Options Menu:Think you selected the Dual Monitor (screen closing) option.Hope it helps,Regards,Harry

Thanks Harry for sorting that out. That was indeed the issue. I do use dual monitors though so that is why I had ticked the multi-monitor option.Is there something I am missing here? Is this a bug or should I be doing something different with opening and closing the SD DU when using dual monitors?RegardsRenzo

Bill Miller

>Thanks Harry for sorting that out. That was indeed the issue.>I do use dual monitors though so that is why I had ticked the>multi-monitor option.Good it saved you a re-install Renzo.>Is there something I am missing here? Is this a bug or should>I be doing something different with opening and closing the SD>DU when using dual monitors?Still experimenting myself with the possibilities of this feature.At the moment have both Capt. and F/O MCDU's undocked to my second panel, with the SD and SDCP in between. Works convenient for me in 2D and VC as well, IF you always return to the secondary engine page. (push ENG on SDCP).In any case, using 2D panel, still only the SDCP is closed with a second push on the SD-clickspot. Might or might not be intended.Happy flying,Harry

This is intentional, for the multi-monitor users.The idea is that if such a user wants to have an undocked window of the SD on a separate monitor, he will not want it to close every time he brings up and then closes the SDCP panel.In any case, you can always close the SD window using the provided clickspot at the middle of the bottom part of the frame.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg