Sign in to follow this  
Guest LCD1080

FMS data not present after re-loading MSFS scenario

Guest LCD1080

After I save a flight using the MSFS Save Situation and then reload that flight the Map data on the Navigation Screen shows properly however my FMS data is not shown. Instead the From/To line on the Init page of the FMS is blank even though I had provided the departure and destination airports on that line before I saved the situation. Why is the FMS data not being recalled? I also went to the "Ref" page of the FMS and pressed the "Save F-Plan" button. The scratchpad responded by indicating "F-Pln saved as KSEAKPDX001" however I don't know how to retrieve that file for the FMS when I re-start FSX. After not being able to retrieve my FMS data I referred to page 0.00.11 of the PMDG MD-11 Introduction book and tried to use the PMDG Save Panel State Menu to save the FMS data, however when I press "Panel", "Save", and "New" and then enter a file name and description followed by the "Create" button, I receive a message "Cannot create file". So I can't save my FMS data that way either. How do I retrieve my FMS data from a previous flight?

Please sign your posts with your name, as required by forum rules.It looks like the MD-11 has no write permission for the {FSX}/PMDG folder. What is your operating system? Have you installed the MD-11 as an administrator? If you save a flight plan from the REF page, then to retrieve it you have to enter the flight plan name (e.g. KSEAKPDX001) in the CO RTE field of the F-PLN INIT page. However in your case, the flight plan was probably never saved to a file because of the write permission problem.Also note, that when saving the flight plan if you wish to can give it a different name that the default you should first type the name in the scratchpad and then press the SAVE F-PLN prompt (LSK R6). If you press LSK R6 with an empty scratchpad a default name will be automatically assigned (XXXXYYYYnnn : origing ICAO/destination ICAO/3 digit sequential number).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest LCD1080

My operating system is Vista Home Premium. I don't recall installing the MD-11 as an administrator however after reading your explanation I right clicked on the FSX/PMDG folder, clicked "Properties", clicked "Security" and then checked the write permission for all the groups that were listed. That solved my problem. Now my FMS data is saved and retrievable when I save a flight in FSX. Also when I save a flight plan on the REF page I can retrieve it by entering the plan's name in the CO RTE field. Thank you very much for your help. The ability to retrieve my FMS data will save me so much time and that will increase my enjoyment of the plane by a very large measure.Peter