Sign in to follow this  
xkoote

Disappearing views after time.....

Hi,for the second time in a row about 8 hours in my long haul flight I suddenly do not get the usual sequence of views in FSX. Pressing S I get spot view, but pressing S again bypasses all other views (like wing view) and goes directly back to cockpit view......but without the cockpit. I have to press A then Shift-A to get the 2D panel back.It stays like this for the rest of the flight.Any ideas if this is FSX, or PMDG or something else?Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

I've noticed the same thing, and it was always when there are no airports for the tower view nearby. Therefore, I believed it to be a FSX thing, which controls how extra cameras are cycled based on config files for the aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Hi,>>for the second time in a row about 8 hours in my long haul>flight I suddenly do not get the usual sequence of views in>FSX. Pressing S I get spot view, but pressing S again bypasses>all other views (like wing view) and goes directly back to>cockpit view......but without the cockpit. I have to press A>then Shift-A to get the 2D panel back.>It stays like this for the rest of the flight.>Any ideas if this is FSX, or PMDG or something else?>>>XanderThis is an FSX "feature." It happens every time I fly long haul over water, or other areas where there are no airports. As you get close to your destination, it comes back.- John

I also get this. My virtual cockpit displays will freeze if I re-enter the VC during one of these times where the only two cycled views are spot/vc. I have to press 'A' in the virtual cockpit to cycle the views and my displays start updating again.

I raised this exact same topic a few days ago under 'fight display freezing' I think.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"