Sign in to follow this  
Guest carlosferreira

Errors with the AIRAC for PMDG747-400X

Guest carlosferreira

Hi there,I'm a PMDG747-400X costumer and I boutght the product I think 3 or 4 days ago.It's a incredible product but when I installed the AIRAC 0810, when I want to start, for example, from GVAC (my hub base VA), it gives me error in fixes and lines, when I try to make a FMC flightplan...for example, GVAC to LPPT.And this error don't leat me choose the active rwy on departure because of those errors lines and fixes...The original AIRAC that came with the original product was AIRAC 0805 and it gives the same error...How can I solve this problem in order to fly my first flight, point to point, with my brandnew aircraft!Please help me out here...Thanks,Carlos FERREIRAPMDG 747-4X costumer)

Hi,Have you tried reinstalling the aircraft? Something may not have gone correctly in the installation.Rob

Make sure the sidstar files are the same cycle as the navdata.Cycle 0811 is current now, but you can use an older cycle as long as the two sources of data (navdata and sidstars are separate but work together) agree with each other.It would be easier to help if we had some specifics, such as the location, procedure selected and error message received (after verifying both data sets are same vintage).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest carlosferreira

I there,I tried to reinstall the PMDG 747-400X and nothing changed.Altought, I have to say that in both instalation (first and second), in the beggining, the setup tells me that:"NOTAM: Your FSX version is more recent than FSX SP1. This product was tested primarily FSX-SP1, Acceleration and SP2. Please see the PMDG Costumer support forum if you experience problems with any versions newer than these!"Why this message? I have both SP1 and SP2 from FSX installed!!!My B747 version is: "PMDG747_400_FSX_V2.10.0040"My AIRAC's (0811) are in tune...and the SIDSTAR files are the same cycle as the navdata files.Please see those images below...www.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/7.JPGwww.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/1.JPGwww.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/2.JPGwww.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/3.JPGwww.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/4.JPGwww.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/5.JPGwww.flyer-va.net/forum-avsim747/6.JPG

Carlos,Go into your Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDG folder. Delete everything in both the SIDSTARS and Navdata folders.Run the Navigraph AIRAC installer again and choose FSXThat should replace everything in those folders with the latest versions. If you're still getting errors after that, it's probably a flaw in the file for the airport you're using and you'll need to report it to Navigraph.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest carlosferreira

Hi there!One pilot of my VA have the same problem with the AIRAC 0811, in the airports GVAC and LPPT.He had to reinstall the AIRAC 0810 and everythink is smooth for him...I also tried to install AIRAC 0810 (instead of 0811) but still have the problem at GVAC (my home HUB) and LPPT (one of our VA destination).I will try to delete everything (NAVDATA and SIDSTAR folders) and try to reinstall the AIRAC 0810.It's strange because the AIRAC 0811 is working fine, for example, for my LVD 767-300 our FScommander...I will post here if the problem is solved...in 3 hours time!

Guest carlosferreira

I tried to reinstall everything (I erased all the contents os the SIDSTAR and NAVDATA folders) but all remains the same...the big question is: why ohters pilots (on FS9) have not this problem??It's only the ICAO GVAC and LPPT..."error at SID, line 290...error at SID, line 14, error at FIXES, line 14"...why?? I donw't understand...I had never this problem...

Those error messages definitely mean that there are errors in the sidstar files you are using. The two reasons for these errors are either the navdata and sidstar file are not the same cycle or there are programming errors in the file.In the pmdg/sidstars folder you will find both gvac.txt and lppt.txt. Open with any text editor and look at the cycle number at the beginning of the file. The current cycle is 0811 for example.Then open the wpNavAPT.txt file in folder /fmcwp/navdata folder and look at its cycle... should be the same.Also note that if you are getting sidstars from navdata.at then these will certainly be out of date and in many case no longer useable with current navdata.To get further help, please provide the above cycle dates, the source for the sidstar and navdata you are using and then I might ask you to email me a copy of the sidstars. We can figure this out but need more info.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest jlaine128

>>Also note that if you are getting sidstars from navdata.at>then these will certainly be out of date and in many case no>longer useable with current navdata.>Hi,Sorry to jump in but I had a question about this.In regards to the FMS Navdata and Terminal procedures from 'navdata.at' for the PMDG aircraft.Are you saying that the terminal procedures provided with this FMS navdata is not to be used, and is out of date? Why do they charge for this service? If the data is out of date and faulty, where do you suggest we get our FMS Navdata and Terminal Procedures?Thank you,John L.

Richard Stefan, who develop the navdata site and has done much good work in this area, had to team up with a commercial service (Navigraph) when global airac data was removed by the US DOD from public domain. Once that happened, he could no longer allow updates to the submitted procedures at his freeware site. If he had not done that, none of us would have access to low cost navdata.I didn't say that the procedures provided with the pmdg package cannot be used, I did say do not rely on procedures from the web site "navdata.at". Per the documentation, current data are available from "navigraph.com", which is the source for the navdata that comes with the pmdg package (but at least one cycle old). Hope that clears it up for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest carlosferreira

Hi to all,I have put a link for the files of the AIRAC 08GVAC and LPPT files: www.flyer-va.net/GVAC-LPPT.rarThe NAVDATA and SIDSTAR is the same AIRAC cycle.Is there someone that are using AIRAC for PMDG747-400X and getting error in GVAC and LPPT? If not, could they show me their GVAC and LPPT sidstar files, in order to see what's worng with mines?Thank you

I won't be back at my sim workstation for several hours, but a quick look found two problems with GVAC. First, Navigraph defined a long list of fixes colocated to fix CVS but fix CVS is defined after the declarations. This is an error because forwards references are not allowed (CVS should be defined before the list of colocated fixes). Also, line 290 gate definition has the keyword SID where it doesn't belong. The errors in LPPT are not as obvious and I need to be at my workstation running a pmdg sim to find those, which if I get a chance this afternoon I will attempt to do for you.In any case, please send this complaint to Navigraph so they can correct the errors for everyone. The next cycle comes out 20 Nov (I think) so they have time to fix them.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay, ran a check of LPPT and GVAC on the sim and no problem found with LPPT (without actually flying it) and GVAC has the same error messages you mentioned. Navigraph has a bug in that location they need to fix (PMDG does not provide navdata).I am using cycle 0811. In the file GVAC.txt, I moved the line that begins "FIX CVS LATLON N " to the first line under FIXES, and on line 290 changed SID to a digit 1. That fixed the problem with loading the procedures file into the FMS. You can try this yourself, but please also notify Navigraph in their forum that the problem exists.

Dan Downs KCRP