Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Location of LOWI Innsbruck?

The PMDG airports.dat for AIRAC 0810 places LOWI at N47.260278 E11.343889 and my chart places it at N47 15.6 E011 20.6. These are approximately the same, therefore.The wpNavAID.txt for the same cycle puts OEJ at N47.314503 E11.602422. My LOC DME WEST let-down procedure bases its altitudes in distances from OEJ.Yet my ND displays the runway threshhold about 11.4 nms to the west of where I guess it should be.Could someone confirm the distance west is the runway 08 threshhold from OEJ, please?If the airport is misplaced and the answer is in lat/lon, then how do I convert it to the PMDG decimal notation.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Use 60 for conversions. For example 47.314503 deg, keep the 47 and take the decimal * 60 min/deg = (.314503 * 60) = 18.8702 therefore 47.314503 = 47:18.8702 (dd:mm).The runway info should be selected from wpNavAPT.txt file, an airport reference location is arbitrary, sometimes based on different meanings of what the center is.The navdata is not provided by PMDG. It can be created by anyone, the current provider used by most is Navigraph.Changing the navdata data fields will not change the location of anything in the MSFS, only the aircraft's ND display and the airplane's interpretation of the simulated world. The world inside MSFS is contained in bgl files.I recommend you compare the navdata with real world charts.. if that is a match then compare MSFS with real world.... always keeping real world data as the reference.

Dan Downs KCRP

Jan-Paul,Flying into this airfield is certainly a challenge!Thanks for your help,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Richard,Do you intend to fly LOWI with a B747 or MD-11?I believe the biggest ACFT landing there is a B767.Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

.............but doesn't using a bigger jet make it more fun though. It's a kind of 'interesting' approach and the passengers would probably be very ill!! Unless of course they are adrenalin junkies like the crew on the flight deck.:9 :9 :9 :-hah :-hah Rick

Bert,I am preparing for next week's World Flight. They have a leg from EIDW to LOWI.As I fly B744 only, I have been practising the most difficult legs and found that flying into LOWI extremely difficult. Flying from the the west, you are expected to make a steep descent into the Inn valley and to then execute a 200 degree turn to runway 28. So far I have not been able to do this satisfactorily, so shall probably skip the sector.Better news is that the sector LOWI-LTBA is easier and I have practised this successfully.Cheers, Richardwww.worldflight.com.au

Cheers, Richard

Richard,If your ACFT is light enough, you can keep your speed low enough too and it should be do-able with a 747. According to the chart the circle radius should be max 0.9nm ex. spd 159kts 25

Bert,Silly me! I need to take a look using Google Earth. Next task...Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard