Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jake Lee

MD-11 or 744X

Guest Jake Lee

Good day all. I'm taking the step to upgrade to FSX and would like your input. Which would you suggest, the MD-11 or 744X? Whichever I choose I want the performance models to be based on the engine variant - so the RR engines are based on the real RR performance models, same with GE and PW. (A feature which I think is in place for the 744X.) Any advice? Thanks!- Jake

I suppose the answer "yes" won't assist...? :)I have both, and am very happy with both. I am sure you'll be happy with the variant detail.Personally, I suppose that if I'd bought neither I'd probably start with the 747. Just something about it, isn't there? But, as you'll see from the forum here, there is much new and to be welcomed with the MD11 - naturally, it benefits from all the work previously done on the 747.I don't honestly think you'll be disappointed, either way.

Paul Skol

Guest Jake Lee

What can you guys recommend in terms of framerates? - Jake

For frame rates I would recommend getting rid of FSX, for starters.as for MD-11/744..the MD-11 is said to perform as good or better than the 744X if I'm not mistaken? Not that the 744 doesn't perform well..really I'd say it comes down to whatever aircraft tickles your fancy more than the other?-Jonathan G.CYWGCanUk Scenery

Guest Jake Lee

>For frame rates I would recommend getting rid of FSX, for>starters.>>as for MD-11/744..the MD-11 is said to perform as good or>better than the 744X if I'm not mistaken? Not that the 744>doesn't perform well..really I'd say it comes down to whatever>aircraft tickles your fancy more than the other?>>-Jonathan G.>CYWG>CanUk Scenery Well I am getting rid of FSX. Frames are too crappy even with the default aircraft. Now I have to spend $30 to buy FS9 since my old copy is missing. :(- jake

Guest PPSFA

Your FPS will depend on your system, mine is 2 1/2 years old and runs FSX fine with the MD11. The 744 is another story.JayXPPro SP2FSX SP2AMD64 FX-60 Dual Core 2.61 GHz8800GTS-640 megs2 Gigs Kingston RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com