Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest volvov40

AIRAC Data Update in FS9.1, 747 FMC

Guest volvov40

I have downloaded the most recent AIRAC data from Navigraph but for my PMDG 747 (FS2004), the AIRAC dates in the ident page of the FMC are not current (they are some six to eight months old). I thought the data was self extracting but when I saw this I copied the database to the relevant PMDG folder without success. I have only just recently started using the 747 again and had to re-install it. (I have FSX and PMDG 747X also installed (I haven't checked whether the FMC data is correct there. )Any comment?RegardsJohn

FSX and FS9 keep separate copies of same data in their own locations, and there is a slight difference between those locations. See: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSThe installer from Navigraph backup and installs into either, but if you have both you need to install once for each one. If you open fmc_ident.TXT file in the navdata folder you will see the source of the information that is displayed by the CDU/MCDU on it's ident page. All the files are text files, easily read with any notepad/wordpad text editor.

Dan Downs KCRP

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $705.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now