Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bjorn

Autoland?

Hey, I have been looking everywhere, but does anyone know where I can get an autoland for an airplane, like the 747 or 767 or any jet? I know they have them in real life and I was just interested to see if they had some for sim because it'd be neat to use it in bad weather and stuff like the real pilots.

Does PIC 767 for fs2000 work with fs2k2?

There's a patch that makes PIC fully compatible with FS2002 - it works flawlessly. Still the best pure airliner panel out there IMO, and yes it autolands very well.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes it does. Just grab the FS2K2 patch at Wilco's website. Great product.

i've uploaded my long overdue Autoland 2002 this evening. It's a standalone program which runs in the background, and allows for Autoland of most aircraft, prop and jet, at most ILS equipped airports. It's also backward compatible with FS98 and FS2000, although it requires FSUIPC 2.8x or greater to work in FS2002. After Avsim's staff does their program inspection process, it should appear in the library at any time.-John

I have had the privilege of testing John Cillis' latest, Autoland 2002. I found it to be another fine example of his work. To the best of my knowledge, it can autoland any plane, but it is not a totally 'hands off' utility. You, the pilot, must lock on to the glideslope of an aiport with a 'full ILS'(not all glideslopes can be locked to..), make a good approach, extend flaps, lower the gear and establish a proper landing speed for the aircraft. If you do these right (which isn't all that difficult) it will land the plane probably better than you could make manually. If you have any complaint, it might be because, sometimes the landings can be so feather-light, that it will not initialize the tire smoke. But, he's added another option so you can adjust flare for harder or softer landings. Once you have figured out what works best for each type of aircraft, you're good to go from then on. Experimenting with it is part of the fun. I found most of my aircraft land pretty well at about 150kts. The BIG babies, well, more like 180, but it's all adjustable. Included options for inputting data to your autopilot are very handy.Try it, I think you will like it. No need to go out and buy other software that includes autoland. This works great.Thank you John..All the best,Bob

Didn't you see my message in this thread? I uploaded the file into Avsim's library. Just look under "new files" or search under "Autoland"....-John

Hey You can download ala2.zip in the avsim libery it's a simpelautoland gauge it's works fine.it is a totally 'hands off' utilityit do the speed and the flaps you only need to lower your gear. Jan EHAM

No problem....I was fairly tired when I got around to uploading it last night, too. Please let me know how it works out! It takes a bit of practice to get it to your liking, but it works even on the Cessnas!....-John

Guest Bjorn

Jan (and everyone else...)You don't even need to lower the gear :-)my autoland gauge do that for you as well!Best regards Bj